Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
just a warning to anyone who is installing or uninstalling the LT pump block, I just bent my ncase m1 chassis and almost broke my motherboard trying to remove the bakcplate from the motherboard. The threaded standoffs that the pump block bolts screw into had pulled into the motherboard and would not release.

I have to lever it off with a screwdriver which was a little concerning to say the least.

I have only managed to get 3 of the 4 out so far and its looking like I may need to drill it out as a result.

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
just a warning to anyone who is installing or uninstalling the LT pump block, I just bent my ncase m1 chassis and almost broke my motherboard trying to remove the bakcplate from the motherboard. The threaded standoffs that the pump block bolts screw into had pulled into the motherboard and would not release.

I have to lever it off with a screwdriver which was a little concerning to say the least.

I have only managed to get 3 of the 4 out so far and its looking like I may need to drill it out as a result.
Yeah that's exactly what happened to @Wahaha360. It's been talked about a bit on a couple occasions. A lot of info if you go back to the 24th of February.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bausa and PBJ

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Is this with the stock LT240 backplate? Will there be issues if using noctua's secufirm?
I'm like 99% sure that someone has posted it mounted with the secufirm and backplate in this thread but I jumped around as far back as page 30 and gave up but I'm pretty sure it's here.

It's hard to believe that I've been following this case for almost a year now. Since January the pages in this thread have almost doubled lol. Glad the panels don't have the indent. It looks so clean.

Reactions: PBJ

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah thanks for the advice :)
I also responded back then about the mounting of the LT pump block.

I have had this aio installed for about 18 months. Sadly now after removing it and installing another cooler my pc won’t boot so time to go through the usual checklist before determining that I broke my motherboard.

• Sad
Reactions: F7IN and DrHudacris

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
That’s what @Wahaha360 has recommended, Noctua’s SecuFirm 2
I'm like 99% sure that someone has posted it mounted with the secufirm and backplate in this thread but I jumped around as far back as page 30 and gave up but I'm pretty sure it's here.

It's hard to believe that I've been following this case for almost a year now. Since January the pages in this thread have almost doubled lol. Glad the panels don't have the indent. It looks so clean.
I remember this being talked about too.

OP could you add that information to the OP post as an update? If people are bricking hardware I think its valuable to have since the LT240 is going to be very common in these builds.

Reactions: Bausa and denys_349

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Yeah thanks for the advice :)
I also responded back then about the mounting of the LT pump block.

I have had this aio installed for about 18 months. Sadly now after removing it and installing another cooler my pc won’t boot so time to go through the usual checklist before determining that I broke my motherboard.
I had a temporary setup with the 3700x stock cooler then I managed to break my motherboard too.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
After pulling the new cooler off, re-seating the ram and cpu 4 times, trying 1 and 2 sticks of ram alternating (which was a pain with the blackridge cooler as had to remove it to change ram options) and countless re-boots, I have managed to get it to prompt.

Now the scary thing is I need to pull the cooler off again, re-paste (as the only paste have is Kryonaut and didnt want to waste it all) and also switch out the stock black ridge fan for a noctua.

Guessing when levering the bracket off the back of the mobo I flexed it too far the CPU un-seated itself.

Phew.
Good news is my pc is now sitting on a motherboard box on my desk, so should be a quicker transfer into the T1 lol

• Wow
Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
After pulling the new cooler off, re-seating the ram and cpu 4 times, trying 1 and 2 sticks of ram alternating (which was a pain with the blackridge cooler as had to remove it to change ram options) and countless re-boots, I have managed to get it to prompt.

Now the scary thing is I need to pull the cooler off again, re-paste (as the only paste have is Kryonaut and didnt want to waste it all) and also switch out the stock black ridge fan for a noctua.

Guessing when levering the bracket off the back of the mobo I flexed it too far the CPU un-seated itself.

Phew.
Good news is my pc is now sitting on a motherboard box on my desk, so should be a quicker transfer into the T1 lol

Gonna be honest...I probably would've given up on my second try and bought a new MB. Kudos to you for sticking with it!

• Haha
Reactions: Wyd4

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm trying to edit the poll (remove some options).

I cannot do it via "edit", anyone know how?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Gonna be honest...I probably would've given up on my second try and bought a new MB. Kudos to you for sticking with it!

Oh I was tempted, I was looking at a 3800x and new MOBO. The only thing that stopped me was cooling in this case in 3 slot mode (I have an aio on my gpu, so air cooling) and that all of the new MOBO's, especially the AMD ones have really large heatsinks on the VRMs etc, which would mean the blackridge wouldnt fit and anything else small enough to wouldn't cool the 3800x, so I stuck at it and saved myself $1000 haha