Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Shipping to China is free, working on a TaoBao store for China.
Have you considered having a JD store? Taobao has a lot of fake stuff and there will probably be other stores trying to sell the t1 or fake t1's making it a bit confusing. There's already a taobao store saying they sell the t1 and have accessories for the t1 that are apparently releasing in December or something.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Just want to say its excellent the OP has taken people's opinions on board with naming the brand. Not many people are welcoming of outside opinions of their projects. So kudos. Also fformd is great. ff could be made into a great logo too.

Back on topic of the T1.

OP have you been working on the updated instruction manual? I know we are still a ways off from purchasing but Id love to flick through the manual.

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
I like "form dworks", but as with "sidearm d"

:p

• Haha
Reactions: VegetableStu

evrt

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 8, 2020
First of all love the project and admire all the work and vision you've put into the case! Can't wait for the orders to open :)

I think the double f is a bit problematic as well. It looks like a typo and doesn't sound good if you try and pronounce it out loud. Just based on the most popular votes at the moment formd (all lowercase or all all uppercase - any trickery with capital D brings into mind gamer tags) or forma design would look and sound better in my opinion. I think a less is more brand name would fit the design language conveyed with the case, and also would stand the test of time better.

Fortunately not super critical since the case is so low on branding (non-existent almost?) but figured I'd give my 2 cents.

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Mar 3, 2017
I think that depending how you style it, will make a big difference.

FformD

formDworks

Emphasizing the D on design is a good idea since it clearly is very important for this brand.

Now say FformD like Terry Crews Old Spice Commercial XD

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
My two cents in case it helps:

I voted for fformadesign, although I concur with other people and have to say that the double 'f' is redundant and would recommend dropping it. Since 'forma' is a latin word which is currently in use in different modern languages, writing 'fforma' could be interpreted as a misspelled word (the same reasoning applies to 'formd' or any other variation of this additive method). Also if the first 'f' stands for 'free' or 'forward' the whole abbreviated form of the name is then non cohesive.

Well, that's just the opinion of someone who doesn't like contorting language without a reason to do so, so take it as it is and do as you please, after all is your company so picking something that will make you proud and happy is probably a good strategy.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
So... I maybe put a little more time into these designs this time, but I think that FFormD is easily the best option from the new poll, and adapted my previous FormD design to a few different versions.

This name has a ton of potential, and I've had a lot of fun putting these designs together. I have a background in logo design that is more of a hobby now, but if @Wahaha360 wants to use these or collaborate on something different, it would be my pleasure/honor to be part of it. :)

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
fine form design - finest form design - fit form design - fun form design. Now if the case gets named S.
fformd S -> for fun or maybe dead Serious
common think about it wen reviewer say "this is the for fun or maybe dead Serious case" lol :)

miguerr

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 8, 2020
I'm so excited for this case!! I really hope I can get one, it's going to be my first SFF build, I'm already ordering all the components including watercooling. When orders open is there already going to be some cases in stock, or will the first batch production start then?

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
I'm so excited for this case!! I really hope I can get one, it's going to be my first SFF build, I'm already ordering all the components including watercooling. When orders open is there already going to be some cases in stock, or will the first batch production start then?
Pretty sure the whole first batch is sitting in a warehouse right now, orders just got delayed due to the virus.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Pretty sure the whole first batch is sitting in a warehouse right now, orders just got delayed due to the virus.
yar. in addition to this, there will probably only be ~160 cases available in the first sale and competition for them is going to be high. so be prepared to either temper that build enthusiasm, or have a fallback option for a case in the event that you don't get in on the first batch.