Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Ildar

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2017
Had a discussion internally, I'm leaning to change b/c I don't want the same initials as Fractal Design.

Currently thinking about Formd, Forma, OP or EVO, in no particular preference / order.
Cool. I really like EVO as for SFF evolution ( considering your distro plate and Freeflow coming, which will really make this case a kill combo). If you don't like to have a (somewhat unrelated) confusion with Samsung's SDDs and considering your love of 'D words for the name, may I suggest EvolvD or any of its variations?

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
@gteixeira @fabio My Aorus x570 chipset runs mostly fan off or up to just over 3000RPM at around 55C+-3 with L12S but with R5 3600. I don't know how it would perform with something more demanding. Drive under it also runs at around 50C. USB isn't a problem as I always opt for 2 monitors with built in hubs. Fan connectors may be a factor. Socket is not placed in the centre and it makes it difficult to fit into Ghost, but not going to be an issue with T1. Build in fan control is ok but other software is crap, even blue screening on some versions. Fin WiFi antena is practical.
I can stress my 3600 to 100W with prime95 and it gets to 88C. With blender 70W and 83C. Couple of hours gaming raises case temp and with it chipset temp but CPU runs low clocks. On stock cooler it was getting to 95C in blender and auto undervolting and underclocking. No additional case fans at the moment, also SF600 doesn't spin, but overall room temp is low.
Anyone else has some observations? Maybe tested with >100TDP CPUs? Also what's the best way to stress both CPU and GPU at the same time?

Reactions: fabio and Dapoktan

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
@gteixeira @fabio My Aorus x570 chipset runs mostly fan off or up to just over 3000RPM at around 55C+-3 with L12S but with R5 3600. I don't know how it would perform with something more demanding. Drive under it also runs at around 50C. USB isn't a problem as I always opt for 2 monitors with built in hubs. Fan connectors may be a factor. Socket is not placed in the centre and it makes it difficult to fit into Ghost, but not going to be an issue with T1. Build in fan control is ok but other software is crap, even blue screening on some versions. Fin WiFi antena is practical.
I can stress my 3600 to 100W with prime95 and it gets to 88C. With blender 70W and 83C. Couple of hours gaming raises case temp and with it chipset temp but CPU runs low clocks. On stock cooler it was getting to 95C in blender and auto undervolting and underclocking. No additional case fans at the moment, also SF600 doesn't spin, but overall room temp is low.
Anyone else has some observations? Maybe tested with >100TDP CPUs? Also what's the best way to stress both CPU and GPU at the same time?

I'm running x399 on linux at the moment.

The monitoring tools (meaning lm-sensors) are not up to snuff at this point.

I can't provide much information about temperatures and fan speeds while the system is running.

But some resonating noise from the system is definitely bothering me. Therefore my interest in sff.

Up until this point there was nothing indicating that it could have to do with the motherboard.

Reactions: bynio

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Are any of you test shipping candidates putting in a Strix 20 series card? I feel like they're so beefy that mine might not fit, even in 3 slot mode, due to height and length. Also, will any of you be using a 120mm aio whilst having it in 3 slot config? I also fear there mightn't be room for the tubes

If it helps, I do own a GTX1080 STRIX that I plan to put in there... along a 120mm AIO. Will report once everything is here.

Reactions: Bausa

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@bynio that’s nice! I guess the lower chipse temp are also related to the L12Sfan blowing on top. Curious about without!

I will test again the B450 with 3900X and 3600Mhz memory.
Maybe the 80 degrees of the X570 chipset are “normal”?? Also tried to lock through the bios both the M2 and the southbridge speed to GEN 3, but nothing has changed. Maybe is also a weak BIOS?

We’ll see!

Reactions: Dapoktan and bynio

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
If it helps, I do own a GTX1080 STRIX that I plan to put in there... along a 120mm AIO. Will report once everything is here.
All the GTX 1080 strix cards a pure two slots. There aren't any rtx strix cards that are pure two slots but according to the measurements there really shouldn't be any issues fitting one in.

The RTX 2080ti Strix O11G is 304.7 x 130.4 x54.1

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
If it’s Form Design Fabrications, can’t it just be “FDF-T1”?
yea it's an option, Form Design Fabrications can be company, but FDF-T1 starts being too many abbreviated letters for case name. should be easy simple in minds of customers so T1 would be best as many have point out, or F-T1. Forma T1 which is what he wanted sounds pretty easy on the tongue too, and to me doesn't really interfere with the XForma.

Reactions: PBJ

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Had a discussion internally, I'm leaning to change b/c I don't want the same initials as Fractal Design.

Currently thinking about Formd, Forma, OP or EVO, in no particular preference / order.
Well you definitely don’t want OP because then you’re connecting the name to Walmart’s prebuilt PCs... yikes lol

Reactions: johannbl

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
yea it's an option, Form Design Fabrications can be company, but FDF-T1 starts being too many abbreviated letters for case name. should be easy simple in minds of customers so T1 would be best as many have point out, or F-T1. Forma T1 which is what he wanted sounds pretty easy on the tongue too, and to me doesn't really interfere with the XForma.

It can even be pronounced "Format one"

FT-1 was Toyota's supra concept; I would avoid it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Here the temp with the same setup and settings, but using the B450. I am thinking that the high chipset temp on the X570 are BIOS related.

BTW, no problem as well to have the RAM and IF at 3600MHz C16-18-18-36 at 1.35V with the B450!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

FormD is a very strong name, and I'm in full support of it! I quickly put together another logo idea for fun with that name in mind. :)

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
FormD is a very strong name, and I'm in full support of it! I quickly put together another logo idea for fun with that name in mind. :)

I think FormD is the way to go. Most people here seem to respond positively to it and seeing that logo really helps to appreciate it. I agree, it is indeed a strong name.

Edit: With a name like that and a nice logo, I think our minds can slowly get past of the SidearmD name