Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Tracking does seem to be moving now, so hooray!

Also, I stopped getting notifications on this thread again last night, and haven’t been getting them when people tag my name in their posts for quite some time. I’m not sure what gives, but no settings have changed, and I’m only watching the SidearmD specific threads, so I shouldn’t be reaching a soft cap on my alerts. Any ideas?

I hacked the system, upgrand the shipping and redirected your package to me, I should get it by Monday :D

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Are any of you test shipping candidates putting in a Strix 20 series card? I feel like they're so beefy that mine might not fit, even in 3 slot mode, due to height and length. Also, will any of you be using a 120mm aio whilst having it in 3 slot config? I also fear there mightn't be room for the tubes

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
Are any of you test shipping candidates putting in a Strix 20 series card? I feel like they're so beefy that mine might not fit, even in 3 slot mode, due to height and length. Also, will any of you be using a 120mm aio whilst having it in 3 slot config? I also fear there mightn't be room for the tubes

I have a 2070 super strix, it should. But will let you know.

Reactions: Bausa

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I will also be using a 120mm AIO (Corsair H60) in 3-slot mode

Reactions: Bausa

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I will also be using a 120mm AIO (Corsair H60) in 3-slot mode

Ooooh, even more excited to see test shipper builds. Your two in particular, as 3-Slot GPU + 120mm AIO is what I have my heart set on here as well.

Will you guys be testing thermals in both the standard and the flipped (a la OptimumTech) orientations? Would love to have independent confirmation on thermal performance comparisons.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Ooooh, even more excited to see test shipper builds. Your two in particular, as 3-Slot GPU + 120mm AIO is what I have my heart set on here as well.

Will you guys be testing thermals in both the standard and the flipped (a la OptimumTech) orientations? Would love to have independent confirmation on thermal performance comparisons.
I'm also curious if taller memory will work with the tubes in the 3 slot orientation. I have some Trident Z memory I'd hate to get rid of if the tubes don't fit.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I like the sound of it. Really like FD-T1 and website address is simple. You have my vote on that one
Agreed. I think about more reviewers calling it FDfab T1 on YouTube and I don't think it will help. I don't think it will sound good. Say it out loud a bunch and imagine yourself being Linus. A name needs to be strong. They aren't things to take lightly. Sidearmd T1 was freaking solid. Why even add the fab? I get where you're going but I really think it falls short. All in all I think you should push yourself for a brand. Let the case be called the T1.

It's like sliger with their cases Sliger Cerberus, Sliger sm560, Sliger sm580. Sliger is strong name and then they have their models. When you talk to others and say you bought a Sliger case or the ncase everyone knows you bought a good case. Dancase a4, Dancase s4 or whatever the new one is. I'm not saying to become them but to decide on your brand. Do you want your brand to be FDfab? Do you want any of these names to really be your brand? SidearmD your brand or the name of the case? I think that's why you're having so much difficulty right now but maybe I'm mistaken. Just trying to give some critical feedback and hopefully help. I'd personally stick with the T1 and when you figure out the brand throw it in. No pressure that way.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I mean I can and I might, but I'll probably keep it in the flipped orientation.
I'm also curious if taller memory will work with the tubes in the 3 slot orientation. I have some Trident Z memory I'd hate to get rid of if the tubes don't fit.
I don't have taller memory, but I can see if I can route the tubes around the memory anyways to see if it will work (I might still have to end up doing this) For reference, I have corsair LPX

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Agreed. I think about more reviewers calling it FDfab T1 on YouTube and I don't think it will help. I don't think it will sound good. Say it out loud a bunch and imagine yourself being Linus. A name needs to be strong. They aren't things to take lightly. Sidearmd T1 was freaking solid. Why even add the fab? I get where you're going but I really think it falls short.

Can't agree with this more. 'FDfab' is weak and a mistake, @Wahaha360.

I don't share this out of personal preference; the name is problematic. Please reconsider.

SanB0l0

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Wait, why even change the name in the first place? This initial confusion is already detrimental lol

Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

My Banker also wants me to change the name because it's too close to weapons.

New name then.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
I have a suggestion to keep the names you like, since you like Form Design, that can be company name but please don't use Fab. As for case name, S-T1 since we all know what S stands for.