Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If I can do this, I will not ask about creation someone else. I don't has skills and resources for this.

More cool area, less temps, less fan speed, less noise.
One 240 rad can't cool last Intel/AMD CPU + two GPU with temps lower then 70-80 at full load (without any overclock). I test it in Ghost S1 and know it.

For me also important visual ascetics of case and build. Transparent sides, e.t.c.

You need a proper DDC/D5 pump res combo to drive two radiator, also think about the reduced float rate on setup to get less pump noise.

A bigger Pump Res combo, ideal airflow orientation and clearances, the case would need to be bigger, closer to 20L at least. At that point, better off with Micro-ATX or ATX. Micro-ATX and ATX mobo requires proportions to change to look good, so the design would have to change drastically in pursuit of form and function balance.

That’s not the scope of this project.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Wahaha360, I know about pump.
Micro ATX not interested, because lack of motherboards. Good motherboards. Itx more better for overclocking.

But, maybe you can create such case in furure project insted of creating indentical size/configuratin cases?

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Too big. CNC, distroplate allow do it less 20L.
Problem is here, most creators/enthusiasts try to create cases for air and water in SFF. It's mistake.

I post in other tread here
It's a huge problem here, with a lot of prototypes. You want compact case, but want audience (potential buyers) who love watercooling, but do for this nothing. No place for rads bigger then 240, no place for non slim fans, no place for pump, no place for res or distroplate.
Ok, you create case for watercool in semi SFF style. Why you care about air cooling? It's like a run after two rabbits.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Nope.
SFF cases for mainstream configurations with air cooling - a lot of variants. Any sizes, formats, colors.
SFF cases with one rad mount 240 - a lot of variants. Any sizes, formats, colors.
SFF case for watercooling for top end configurations - all create big cases with a lot free useless space. Very small range of variants. Most of them ugly.

Dice Flow, Winter One (with some notes), open stand XTIA. This is it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Nope.
SFF cases for mainstream configurations with air cooling - a lot of variants. Any sizes, formats, colors.
SFF cases with one rad mount 240 - a lot of variants. Any sizes, formats, colors.
SFF case for watercooling for top end configurations - all create big cases with a lot free useless space. Very small range of variants. Most of them ugly.

Dice Flow, Winter One (with some notes), open stand XTIA. This is it.

You are going to be waiting years! I waited almost two years for the T1.

Get comfy

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-09-28: P1 delayed to 2021 Q2

TLDR: they gave a 30 day VISA to China, which is a joke, because you have to quarantine for 14 days, leaving me 16 days to do everything ?.

Between my day job, T1, and collab with other projects on the forum, I have no time left to optimize P1 production. The current production quotes without optimization makes P1 too expensive - I still want to go for $150 - $200 range, having a base model around $150 is important to me because I think it moves the needle for SFF to be mainstream.

P1 mesh is sufficiently complicated, more complicated than the T1. Merging this to the aluminum unibody I wanted for the base makes factories nervous. Anyways, I will deal with it next year when I can stay in China longer.

Last edited:

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
2020-09-28: P1 delayed to 2021 Q2

TLDR: they gave a 30 day VISA to China, which is a joke, because you have to quarantine for 14 days, leaving me 16 days to do everything ?.

Between my day job, T1, and collab with other projects on the forum, I have no time left to optimize P1 production. The current production quotes without optimization makes P1 too expensive - I still want to go for $150 - $200 range, having a base model around $150 is important to me because I think it moves the needle for SFF to be mainstream.

P1 mesh is sufficiently complicated, more complicated than the T1. Merging this to the aluminum unibody I wanted for the base makes factories nervous. Anyways, I will deal with it next year when I can stay in China longer.
Mesh-Licious also?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Mesh-Licious is a traditional sheetmetal case, so it’s not nearly as hands on, already in production, so no delay.

Sorry if im being dumb but is the Mesh-Licious the sheet metal version of the vertical case, or is that the bit which you can't confirm due to NDA?

Jhonny

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 3, 2020
P1 supports more layouts than H280 (meshlicious)

Also different process, CNC vs sheetmetal

i don't know anything about designing cases, but i have tried to visualize my idea with sketch up (above the mainboard a reservoir with pump could be installed).

If I have followed it correctly, the design for the arrangement of the hardware and dimensions of the case are not yet final.
Could this arrangement be realized in P1?