Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Caspid

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 18, 2020
Looks neat, especially the updated cleaner design with fewer lines. Horizontal looks better imo, but does overlap a lot with the T1 without clear benefit.

Do you anticipate any significant improvement in thermal performance with the ventilated front panel?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Looks neat, especially the updated cleaner design with fewer lines. Horizontal looks better imo, but does overlap a lot with the T1 without clear benefit.

Do you anticipate any significant improvement in thermal performance with the ventilated front panel?
This isn't a T1 redesign. The P1 is made to give more support for radiators instead of the limited 240 support in the T1, and therefore give more cooling. His goal with this case is to compete with the Corsair One in terms of thermals, so right now it would seem that there will be support for 280mm radiators, possibly even thicker ones to get the maximum thermal performance out of the case. The added ventilation will just help this goal.

Reactions: Caspid

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Excited to learn more about the P1's different versions - I wonder which case will have the best thermal performance to value ration between the Winter One, Slate AQ and FormD P1.

Reactions: smalltownboi

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2020
Very excited to see prototypes. I'm planning a new build and slowly buying parts. Ready to get a horizontal P1 as soon as it is available.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Been eyeballing that new Cooler Master chassis; but the P1 is 4 liters smaller, which is a higher PPL score; so holding out to see what the P1 brings...! ;^p

LOL, Edit to add:

That new Silverstone SUGO 14 looks interesting as well, 19.55 liters though...

I seen it in person at SilverStone office, it's decent.

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
We aren't sure yet, but with GPUs and CPUs getting really power hungry, I'm hoping we can have 2 radiators in some capacity, or enough cooling to cool next gen stuff.
Here’s hoping. And here we thought for a while NVIDIA might improve power consumption... ?

• Sad
Reactions: Neptimus7

Ricky

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 23, 2016
We aren't sure yet, but with GPUs and CPUs getting really power hungry, I'm hoping we can have 2 radiators in some capacity, or enough cooling to cool next gen stuff.
And it’s also debatable whether bog standard SFX can comfortably power what’s going to be releasing soon. SFX-L might be required.

ZZYZZ

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 22, 2020
the P1 is also a sandwich (A4) layout case you know?
Yep, 3090 is way larger than 2080ti from the pics. 3 slots, height and length means it won't fit my ghost s1 or T1.
However, no one knows until we get the card, maybe there would be a compact water block solution
I guess that's why Wahaha dosn't give us a final design yet

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Yep, 3090 is way larger than 2080ti from the pics. 3 slots, height and length means it won't fit my ghost s1 or T1.
However, no one knows until we get the card, maybe there would be a compact water block solution
I guess that's why Wahaha dosn't give us a final design yet
Fuark, SickKunt! 3090 fits in a FormD T1 check again. T1 max GPU length is 312mm don't forget it can handle a 3 slot GPU with a 240mm aio and 2 nf-a12x15s. I am running it currently with 3 NF-A12X15s. I am interested in the P1 for a 28mm copper rad custom loop with full size fans. I just don't know if it will be big enough to fit 120mm full size fans or just enough for 140mm full size fans as well. I really don't want the bigger sheet metal case lol. Just a perfect vertical flippable beautiful CNC P1. Love how the cables are hidden not like a velka also yes I understand I might need to purchase a right angle USB or right angle wifi antenna for it to work. That's okay.

xiso

Caliper Novice
Aug 24, 2020
2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.

What height does air cpu cooler support?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
And it’s also debatable whether bog standard SFX can comfortably power what’s going to be releasing soon. SFX-L might be required.
SF750 is fine. Or wait for 1000W SFX.

Just don’t bother with SFX-L, it’s going to have compatibility issues with more cases coming in the future.

SEASONIC: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Power connector

I feel like AMD should take the Efficiency Crown with the upcoming cards. Let's see.