Concept FormD T1 V2.0

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
I just need the P1 to (comfortably) fit the following:

ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact mDTX mobo (with its too tall SO-DIMM.2 riser card)
Full-size RDNA2 GPU (with full-cover water block & proper space for the fittings)
SFX PSU
D5 pump
280 radiator (45mm thick with 25mm thick fans, plz?)
Some sort of exhaust fan(s) would be great

No need for fancy windowed panels, no need for RGB
Just needs to be able to run HEDT hardware all day long without thermal throttling

I am wondering the same regards to your first point. This case would be excellent if that mobo fit.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Doubtful. The ghost is extruded and has CNC work done to it after (this is what Waha is going to do with the P1) and has great quality. It just cuts down on cost and makes the process a bit easier

Navic thanks for answering but I am asking if the quality is going to be less than the T1 not if it will be of good quality at all. I know the Ghost is a good quality case but based on reviews it seems the T1 is way much better.

I just hope that with the P1, having a cheaper option 2 version already means the first option will be of same quality as the T1. Logically speaking this would mean both ends of the market are covered.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Navic thanks for answering but I am asking if the quality is going to be less than the T1 not if it will be of good quality at all. I know the Ghost is a good quality case but based on reviews it seems the T1 is way much better.

I just hope that with the P1, having a cheaper option 2 version already means the first option will be of same quality as the T1. Logically speaking this would mean both ends of the market are covered.
I didn't include this in my first reply because my food was getting cold and I didn't want my movie experience to be ruined by having cold food. My apologies. Do take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt though, as I researched this a while ago, so I could be wrong in some spots, but I can draw some conclusions.

A big part of CNC machining is the actual machine time. And usually what takes the longest is getting the big blocks of aluminum into the shape they need to be in, before cutting all the holes for vents, screws, etc. This machine time can make it more expensive, not to mention the aluminum that isn't used. So instead of a big block of aluminum that has to be cut to size, extrusion forms the aluminum into the general shape and size it needs to be in before any CNC work is done to it, saving time and aluminum.
This doesn't make the quality any worse though, as it's still solid aluminum and is still having CNC work done to it, but only the necessary CNC work.

TL;DR: You'll get the same quality for a lesser price because extrusion cuts down on CNC machine time

Of course, if Waha wants to elaborate he can, but I doubt he's going to settle for anything less than T1 quality, as he seems really picky with this stuff

Reactions: pwnedundies

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
I didn't include this in my first reply because my food was getting cold and I didn't want my movie experience to be ruined by having cold food. My apologies. Do take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt though, as I researched this a while ago, so I could be wrong in some spots, but I can draw some conclusions.

A big part of CNC machining is the actual machine time. And usually what takes the longest is getting the big blocks of aluminum into the shape they need to be in, before cutting all the holes for vents, screws, etc. This machine time can make it more expensive, not to mention the aluminum that isn't used. So instead of a big block of aluminum that has to be cut to size, extrusion forms the aluminum into the general shape and size it needs to be in before any CNC work is done to it, saving time and aluminum.
This doesn't make the quality any worse though, as it's still solid aluminum and is still having CNC work done to it, but only the necessary CNC work.

TL;DR: You'll get the same quality for a lesser price because extrusion cuts down on CNC machine time

Of course, if Waha wants to elaborate he can, but I doubt he's going to settle for anything less than T1 quality, as he seems really picky with this stuff

Billets are created directly via continuous casting or extrusion or indirectly via hot rolling an ingot, you'd then mill/turn said billet with a CNC machine and it's very expensive but less so than forged.

Extrusion is a presure/heat forming method using a die to create objects of a fixed profile, this is usually has several hollow cavities; t-slots and t-nuts allow bars to be joined with special connectors.

So I read it that the ghost is CNC machined billet and that the latter is bolted together, pressed panels to save on cost.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.
wait!!! another new case teased and possibly q4 this year? i need you to slow down. i can only build so many PCs lol.

#2 is huge!! what this could do for the market and your business is amazing. the Cooler Master NR200 has been selling like hotcakes everywhere and so does the H1 (which they are increasing the price on also has thermal issues due to the the dumb tg panel). I can only imagine how well this case could sell.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I'll decide whether or not to wait based on the release dates and prices/details for the Ampere cards - as well as how easy/hard it is to snag a prototype of this case.

If it's impossible to get some version of the P1 around when Ampere launches, then I'll probably settle for an NR200P in the meantime.

Not to say I want to, though!

TeeKayTK

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 14, 2020
Will the cheaper vertical case support 2,5 Slot GPUs? I'm debating on that vs. the NR200 at some point. Hopefully will be able to use L12S and NF-A12x25 on top. $210 for the FormD P1 / T1 is a bit much for me to stomach, especially because I don't need such a high quality chassis. It is a good product for certain. Thank you!

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Yeah, depending on how it looks & various options available, the lower cost SECC steel version might be a budget way to go...!

But if the extruded & CNC machined version "feels" more substantial (come on third-party reviews), and especially if it has that Apple-style media-blasted powder-coated anodized whatever finish, the extra bucks might be worth it...!

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Will the cheaper vertical case support 2,5 Slot GPUs? I'm debating on that vs. the NR200 at some point. Hopefully will be able to use L12S and NF-A12x25 on top. $210 for the FormD P1 / T1 is a bit much for me to stomach, especially because I don't need such a high quality chassis. It is a good product for certain. Thank you!

I'm in a very similar situation to you but I dont think we can say until samples go out to reviewers and we get to see the prototype. I've bought a Thermaltake Core G3, I got a reasonably good deal on just to tie me over.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Been eyeballing that new Cooler Master chassis; but the P1 is 4 liters smaller, which is a higher PPL score; so holding out to see what the P1 brings...! ;^p

LOL, Edit to add:

That new Silverstone SUGO 14 looks interesting as well, 19.55 liters though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinken1

Neptimus7

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2020
2020-08-12 Update:
1. P1 Vertical and Horizontal, both CNC Machined cases, prototypes expected October
2. A
*more mainstream SECC Sheetmetal case, vertical, same layout as P1, 14L, priced $100-$120 *should be available on Newegg and Caseking 2020Q4

Just wanted to give an update. Give me until next week to make a new thread for option 2.

Make sure this gets on the first post, people will be very interested in the lower-priced case (especially if available at such mainstream outlets).

Reactions: Boil

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
2020-08-12 Update:
2. A

I just ordered my T1 over the weekend then saw this! This is awesome news! Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the table. Will option 2 be horizontal too? Or vertical only?

Kit

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 2, 2019
Really pleased we are getting it in the EU too! <3

Will there be any sort of pre-order available via this site?

stotka

Efficiency Noob
Jul 21, 2020
Just want to jump in and say that I love this case and keep up the good work. Vertical cases are really interesting! Is the cheaper case also lighter possibly?

Reactions: Sashby

ten13th

Trash Compacter
Aug 5, 2020
First post. T1 ordered for November delivery. Purposely selected the farthest date out so there will be more information and perhaps availability on the new GPUs from team blue and red. Looking forward to order the P1 when its available so I have a complete set of big boy lego to play with. ?

Reactions: Madhawk1995