Concept FormD T1 V2.0

imode

Chassis Packer
Nov 28, 2018
Louque just posted a pic on their instagram of what looks like a prototype stand for the Ghost S1 which brings the chassis vertical. Of course they have this wonky 15 degree of vertical tilt, but the concept is solid. Perhaps that's something that can be done for both the T1 and P1 to give both cases options for vertical and horizontal orientation.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
@Wahaha360 have you been able to personally inspect the top mesh panel of the NR200 from Cooler Master?

Their fine mesh solution seems to be steel as well, and it also seems to be a finer and more refined version of your mesh panel. Hope you are able to inspect it at some point and maybe consider doing something similar!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Wahaha360 have you been able to personally inspect the top mesh panel of the NR200 from Cooler Master?

Their fine mesh solution seems to be steel as well, and it also seems to be a finer and more refined version of your mesh panel. Hope you are able to inspect it at some point and maybe consider doing something similar!
While it does look like a finer mesh, it doesn't seem like it would be as sturdy. The current T1 side panels are super sturdy, but the Cooler Master mesh doesn't look that way imo, but we can't know until we have the mesh in hand to compare. Definitely something that waha could look into, just not sure if it's worth it.

Reactions: pwnedundies

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Looking to get an NR200 as a temporary case to house my components between the launch of new Nvidia/AMD hardware and the Sidearmd P1.

I assume that pretty much anything I fill the NR200 with will work well when finally housed in the P1, correct?

Reactions: Madhawk1995

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Looking to get an NR200 as a temporary case to house my components between the launch of new Nvidia/AMD hardware and the Sidearmd P1.

I assume that pretty much anything I fill the NR200 with will work well when finally housed in the P1, correct?
We can't know for sure, but I would assume so. But, you're planning for a case that hasn't been finalized in the slightest, so anything could change, making your hardware no longer compatible with the P1.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
We can't know for sure, but I would assume so. But, you're planning for a case that hasn't been finalized in the slightest, so anything could change, making your hardware no longer compatible with the T1.

I'm not looking at the T1, I'm looking at the P1, and if anything, the goal for the P1 is to maximize compatibility anyway.

I'd argue that sure, some specific hardware may not be optimal in the P1 anymore, but overall there'd be nothing that just wouldn't fit outright.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm not looking at the T1, I'm looking at the P1, and if anything, the goal for the P1 is to maximize compatibility anyway.

I'd argue that sure, some specific hardware may not be optimal in the P1 anymore, but overall there'd be nothing that just wouldn't fit outright.
Sorry, I meant to say the P1. Been saying T1 on reddit too much lately. I would think the only thing that might change is only allowing full 240 radiator compatibility and not 240 and 280 radiators. Basically everything would fit, assuming the P1 keeps 3 slot GPU support.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Sorry, I meant to say the P1. Been saying T1 on reddit too much lately. I would think the only thing that might change is only allowing full 240 radiator compatibility and not 240 and 280 radiators. Basically everything would fit, assuming the P1 keeps 3 slot GPU support.

Yeah, that's what I meant - optimal rad would be unaffected since both would max out at 280mm, but optimal fan size would go up from 120mm to 140mm elsewhere. Aside from that, I don't think I'd have any parts that wouldn't be transferable between the builds, and I can look at optimizing parts as I go along. Heck, I could probably build a SFF Living Room PC out of the remaining parts afterwards.

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah it truly is tough to say. It's like the sm580. It fits 280mm radiators but not all because a lot of new ones have changed shape and even though they fit spec wise may have squared corners causing it not to fit because it hits the side panel connectors. So you never know until we get final specs

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Guys remember Wahaha already stated that aim is to support Hardwarelabs radiators. They are the most restrictive rads in terms of space in the market, so if 280 HWLB rad is supported as intended you shouldn't have a problem with other rads.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Guys remember Wahaha already stated that aim is to support Hardwarelabs radiators. They are the most restrictive rads in terms of space in the market, so if 280 HWLB rad is supported as intended you shouldn't have a problem with other rads.
So it too me a hot second to find the information because It's been a while since the conversation has been consistent here. Anyways I see where it was stated that the GTS 280 (has different models of various sizes) and if the Black Nemesis GTS 280mm the dimensions are 153 x 312 x 29.6 mm.

My alphacool nexxxos st30 is 316 x 124 x 30 mm.

So if I go purely off that fact, because we haven't seen the internals of everything its possible that 312 is all that widest the rad could be and my st30 wouldn't fit. Every mm is accounted for and I'm just saying that nothing is final yet but supporting the gts def good baseline.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
So it too me a hot second to find the information because It's been a while since the conversation has been consistent here. Anyways I see where it was stated that the GTS 280 (has different models of various sizes) and if the Black Nemesis GTS 280mm the dimensions are 153 x 312 x 29.6 mm.

My alphacool nexxxos st30 is 316 x 124 x 30 mm.

So if I go purely off that fact, because we haven't seen the internals of everything its possible that 312 is all that widest the rad could be and my st30 wouldn't fit. Every mm is accounted for and I'm just saying that nothing is final yet but supporting the gts def good baseline.

Is that a 240 rad pwned? How does it have 316 in length?

edit: I see your fan dimension is wrong, should be 144. If that's the case then yes, it seems alphacool is more restrictive in lenght which I didn't know. Still you should go with HWLB if possible heh

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

The NR200 mesh is nearly the same as the T1 mesh in terms of hole diameter, density, hole spacing.

I don’t know the thickness of mesh used on NR200, so I can’t speak to the strength. I’m suppose to get one later, I will do more comparisons.

It’s very very difficult to make higher density mesh than the T1 without using thinner material. It’s also expensive, given the price of the NR200, I’m also curious to see what thickness the mesh is.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Is that a 240 rad pwned? How does it have 316 in length?

edit: I see your fan dimension is wrong, should be 144. If that's the case then yes, it seems alphacool is more restrictive in lenght which I didn't know. Still you should go with HWLB if possible heh
For sure not 124. I was falling asleep as I was typing so I typed it wrong. Sorry about that.

I was just pointing out the fact that we don't really know anything yet and I wouldn't buy anything with 100% confidence that it will unless it's been stated like the example you provided. Also, I'm not really interested in buying another 280mm rad just because. The alphacool radiator is very solid and I'm not puahing the extremes and need the HW. Only the specifications of the case limiting this radiator would make me change.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
The NR200 mesh is nearly the same as the T1 mesh in terms of hole diameter, density, hole spacing.

I don’t know the thickness of mesh used on NR200, so I can’t speak to the strength. I’m suppose to get one later, I will do more comparisons.

It’s very very difficult to make higher density mesh than the T1 without using thinner material. It’s also expensive, given the price of the NR200, I’m also curious to see what thickness the mesh is.

Not sure if this helps or not but there's a better look at the panels provided here if you want to compare:

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Since it doesn't look like it's been asked, but will there be support for SFX-L PSUs as well? Would allow more higher wattage choices too.