Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
It doesn't really matter the case, an open air GPU will always be better than a blower style GPU, especially for SFF.

Watch this video for more explanation

I'm more concerned about CPU temps than GPU temps...as my current case (dan A4) has limited CPU cooling capabilities and I live in a hot sub tropical climate. Which is why I have a blower style GPU...because with a less powerful open air GPU my cpu temps suffered worse.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm more concerned about CPU temps than GPU temps...as my current case (dan A4) has limited CPU cooling capabilities and I live in a hot sub tropical climate. Which is why I have a blower style GPU...because with a less powerful open air GPU my cpu temps suffered worse.
That video covers how the different GPU styles can change CPU temps as well if my memory is correct.

Personally, I live in a hot environment as well (my room easily hits 80f in the summer) and my GPU can heat up the CPU by 3 to 5 degrees (because of the hot air from the GPU going through the radiator), but that's when both of them are running full at 100%, so while a blower GPU would help CPU temps, I personally don't think it's worth the trade off in terms of noise and thermals.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
That video covers how the different GPU styles can change CPU temps as well if my memory is correct.

Personally, I live in a hot environment as well (my room easily hits 80f in the summer) and my GPU can heat up the CPU by 3 to 5 degrees (because of the hot air from the GPU going through the radiator), but that's when both of them are running full at 100%, so while a blower GPU would help CPU temps, I personally don't think it's worth the trade off in terms of noise and thermals.

I've seen the video.

80f is not hot... The ambient temps in my room with AC on would be around that...outside temps can reach 40-45C (104-113F) in summer. In summer my open air card was just as loud and hot as the blower (rx5700xt + 3700x with 92mm aio in dan A4)... with CPU at 10C higher temps.

But if RDNA 2 cards are out around the same time of this case... the timing could work to go to an open air GPU...as it seems blower in the vertical config with the air blowing out at the bottom is far from ideal.

PapiJoe

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 21, 2020
Hey Wahaha360,
I was imagining that the P1 would be a bigger T1 flipped on its face. This way we get access to all of the I/O, the wifi Antennas are easily managed, etc. But then I saw this and it's terrible, you lose all access to the I/O, the "top" isn't vented, you add extrea volume to the case. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put feet on any of the 4 mesh sides, rubber stickers feet for the face, and a tray for the rear? That way you have 1 case and anyone can have it oriented any way they want.

shadow_coder

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 28, 2020
Too early to tell, I am actively avoiding promises because I don’t want to break them later.

I’m keeping thing vague to manage disappointment and expectations.
Still, I can't wait for a reveal of the current prototype(s) :-) Still tweaking the internals?

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Wow, another fantastically looking case!
Even better than the T1 in my opinion.

You do a outstanding job!

Thx for your passion and effort.

Can't wait for it!

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
@Wahaha360 regarding space for cables in the vertial orientation, it seems the problem might actually be solved with the upcoming RTX 3000 series since they are shorter in size. And actually the card could be even shorter if stripped of its heatsink

So if the GPU with a waterblock does not excede the lenght of the motherboard (170mm), this means both motherboard and GPU could be placed in sandwich style, dimensions not being greater than 170x170 (motherboard) with ports facing directly towards the back instead of top or bottom!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@Wahaha360 regarding space for cables in the vertial orientation, it seems the problem might actually be solved with the upcoming RTX 3000 series since they are shorter in size. And actually the card could be even shorter if stripped of its heatsink

So if the GPU with a waterblock does not excede the lenght of the motherboard (170mm), this means both motherboard and GPU could be placed in sandwich style, dimensions not being greater than 170x170 (motherboard) with ports facing directly towards the back instead of top or bottom!

I highly doubt he will redesign the whole case based on a mockup with can be fake. You also have to take into account that not everyone will want to watercool their card or buy a new one when what they have works.

Not to mention that the cases are being manufactured as we speak. I would recommend that you find a way to use the space like adding a reservoir/pump combo or a SSD.

Reactions: ellroy80

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hey Wahaha360,
I was imagining that the P1 would be a bigger T1 flipped on its face. This way we get access to all of the I/O, the wifi Antennas are easily managed, etc. But then I saw this and it's terrible, you lose all access to the I/O, the "top" isn't vented, you add extrea volume to the case. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to put feet on any of the 4 mesh sides, rubber stickers feet for the face, and a tray for the rear? That way you have 1 case and anyone can have it oriented any way they want.

That is a mockup which a user has made for himself. It was not designed by @Wahaha360 and will not be manufactured by him either.

Not everyone is going to be happy with this case because it doesn't fit their use case or vision. I have learned that if you try to make everyone happy, you lose the essence of the original idea and you end up with a monster which is no longer what you started with and you will hate it.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I highly doubt he will redesign the whole case based on a mockup with can be fake.

Do you really think I am so stupid to the point I would expect Wahaha to redisng a case based on a leak?
I know this already, I am sharing what seems to be a, by now, a very probable design of the next card. There's a lot of "ifs" but certainly worth a consideration since the case is in the design phase.

You also have to take into account that not everyone will want to watercool their card or buy a new one when what they have works.

This could be fixed by bringing a different pannel with support for this type of cards if they eventually come to market with different brackets. We are already seeing the T1 with support for a different panel if you want a waterblock.

Not to mention that the cases are being manufactured as we speak. I would recommend that you find a way to use the space like adding a reservoir/pump combo or a SSD.

I love your negativity.
Let me introduce you to a solution to "the case is already being manufactured": this could be considered on a diferent iteration of the case.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Do you really think I am so stupid to the point I would expect Wahaha to redisng a case based on a leak?
I know this already, I am sharing what seems to be a, by now, a very probable design of the next card. There's a lot of "ifs" but certainly worth a consideration since the case is in the design phase.

This could be fixed by bringing a different pannel with support for this type of cards if they eventually come to market with different brackets. We are already seeing the T1 with support for a different panel if you want a waterblock.

I love your negativity.
Let me introduce you to a solution to "the case is already being manufactured": this could be considered on a diferent iteration of the case.

I do apologize, I thought I was in the T1 thread, very long day.

@Wahaha360 will figure it out, he is in a great position to see what's coming and in which direction the industry is going.

Last edited:

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
I do apologize, I thought I was in the T1 thread, very long day.

@Wahaha360 will figure it out, he is in a great position to see what's coming and in which direction the industry is going.

All good, I apologize too, had a rough day in the markets and I was a lil bit salty

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

The power connectors are supposed to be on a secondary (much smaller) PCB that goes from the base of that "V" and to the end of the GPU...

And that mockup shows no RAM, unless it is implying HBM of some sort...?

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
The power connectors are supposed to be on a secondary (much smaller) PCB that goes from the base of that "V" and to the end of the GPU...

And that mockup shows no RAM, unless it is implying HBM of some sort...?

Yes there's some speculation about Nvidia basing it on HBM but not clear for now, maybe in their top end cards since quite expensive?

I was under the impression the rest of that V shape was bare heatsink.

I know I'm rushing with this but I keep thinking how the case will look like and what Wahaha has in mind for the internal configuration. My guess is something similar to the Mach 1!

cptnobvious231

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 19, 2020
Been sold on the Sidearm/FormD cases since OT's video dropped, and I'm so excited for the P1 as vertical builds fit my space much better. I'm planning (hoping) to use the P1 as my first SFF build - are there any considerations I should be making as I research components? Seems like the timing of this case will align nicely with the 3000 Nvidia series and Zen 3, so hoping to go all out on this build