Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 I REALLY REALLY suggest you to support in the P1 also the HW Labs 240 Slim Radiator.

I am testing it now and is equal to my XE 60mm with fans till 1300rpm! It's incredible.

Of course if you keep the 280 rad support it will fit. (There will be space also for the GTS 280??)

I assume you are running Noctua Sterrox A12-25 on HWL GTS240?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, ? I've tested the GTS with the A12x25 Sterrox, EK Vardar EVO and EK Meltemi. Here the results!
The side panel were ON on all of these, and I've tried to have the same fan speed for all the fans to check the dB.

Look at the temp, fan speed, pump speed, etc!

EK XE 240 + Noctua A12x25 Sterrox

HW Labs GTS240 + Noctua A12x25 Sterrox - 37db at 1450rpm, white and beautiful noise

HW Labs GTS240 + EK Meltemi 38mm - 37.5db at 1400rpm, a bit of uhm tone in the background

HW Labs GTS240 + EK Vardar EVO - 39dp at 1400 rpm, a bit louder and the QC is terrible. On 4 fan bought, 1 is good with 0 problem. the background tone is good though.

Wintermutee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 26, 2019
Is in the intention to beat the Corsair One by means of the same method of one fan at the top, or traditionally using fans on the radiator with the mesh providing less resistance than the holes on the One? I ordered the NCase out of security for downsizing before I go back to uni in the summer, as well as for keeping as many of my ridiculous RGB fans while downsizing to avoid waste. But if there is a chance for better performance for even less fans I can definitely be sold on both the case and vertical layout, but I suppose we'l have to see the internal layout(s) first.

Reactions: Sashby

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Is in the intention to beat the Corsair One by means of the same method of one fan at the top, or traditionally using fans on the radiator with the mesh providing less resistance than the holes on the One? I ordered the NCase out of security for downsizing before I go back to uni in the summer, as well as for keeping as many of my ridiculous RGB fans while downsizing to avoid waste. But if there is a chance for better performance for even less fans I can definitely be sold on both the case and vertical layout, but I suppose we'l have to see the internal layout(s) first.
My guess is that it would be the traditional way of fans on the radiator, because it would be hard to do something like the corsair one. Reason being is that everything would have to be sealed, so that the ONLY way that air can get in is through the radiators. The slits in your GPU's I/O plate? That will cause performance loss. A small installation error when installing a piece of the case causing there to be a little gap allowing air to get through? Performance loss. Motherboard I/O shield not installed fully? Performance loss.
So while doing something like the corsair one is cool, it is hard to do it correctly without introducing a lot of room for user error.

Reactions: Wahaha360

SmallerPlease

Case Bender
New User
Nov 14, 2018
After the "human malware" hit my country's currency fell like a cartoon anvil. I'll keep an eye on this and the T1 model, maybe they'll both be out by the time I have funds to buy mine :)

Vain

Case Bender
New User
May 3, 2020
I really like the T1 but wanted a vertical case and this is just perfection. Created an account just to show interest.

bubumac

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2020
Been a lurker fan since I picked this (T1) up from Optimum Tech 2 months ago. Saw the P1 while plowing through the T1 thread. Definitely looking forward to a horizontal layout that accommodates the HWL GTS 240 rads in @fabio 's tests. Hopeful that we get the same front I/Os like those in T1V1.1 in June or Q42020.

Reactions: bricemx

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Wahaha360 I've tested for 1 hour under AIDA stressing the GPUs and the CPU how the GTS perform compared to the XE with the Meltemi fans and the A12x25. It's really good! The 280 can only improve the thermal performance!

I am curious also about the needs of the "old new" Z490 + 10 cores Intel platform!
AIDA XE+A12x25

AIDA GTS+A12x25

AIDA GTS+MELTEMI

Reactions: bricemx

BILLYKING

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 26, 2020
I just got a brilliant idea. How about try Vertical DA2 structure, and remove the ring of DA2, then put 30-40mm high base, which like h1? As well, using the material like your current Formd P1, Solid aluminum top-hat with 4 mesh panels. Estimated dimension: W180mm x H380mm x D240mm about 16L. ?

BILLYKING

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 26, 2020
@Wahaha360 I just got a brilliant idea. How about try Vertical DA2 structure, and remove the ring of DA2, then put 30-40mm high base, which like h1? As well, using the material like your current Formd P1, Solid aluminum top-hat with 4 mesh panels. Estimated dimension: W180mm x H380mm x D240mm about 16L. ?

Snakeyjakey

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
Wahaha quick question about the production cycle/ timeframe of the vertical P1.

Because of the experience gained prototyping and delivering the T1, can we expect the preparation and delivery of the P1 to be smoother/ quicker or is it too early to tell? Excuse my eagerness, I (and many others) have followed you for a while and this looks to be another gem.

Thanks for you contribution to the community and keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: lawney and bricemx

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Vertical case is more exciting to me, both are beautiful. This is the most living room-acceptable case design I've seen

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020
Very interested in the horizontal design. The ability to swap between a vertical and horizontal layout would be ideal, or to order panels to suit each arrangement.

The tall perspective in the vertical layout would just be too dominating for me and higher risk of getting tipped.

Tonyblu331

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2020
I wonder if this case has an ETA as I am planning to build a new rig before the 2H 2020. And this case its currently among my top picks.