Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
No idea how I didn't see this thread before. But the vertical case looks amazing, this really good for minimising footprint on a desk

Reactions: Nalnig

PazStar

Case Bender
New User
Apr 23, 2020
I'm definitely impressed with the aesthetics of the initial renders. Adding compatibility with 240mm AIO will make this the perfect case. The two-tone, vertical seems to be the go for me. Can't wait to have this on my desktop. Keep up the good work.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Is there an ETA on when we can expect to see the initial plans for the internals? With Nvidia's Ampere showing in mid may, I want to start planning my upgrade soon - even if it will take a bit for everything including the case to come to market.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How are you managing this? Producing more to decrease unit cost? Thinner panels or plastic?

Why is this one going to be cheaper than the T1, and how?

This is how it happened:

I been wanting to make extrusion & CNC cases *long before the Louqe Ghost S1. The ZS-A4 was an extrusion case on TaoBao way before Louqe Ghost S1, I knew there were CNC and Extrusion factories that can help transform high end SFF cases at $150-$200 price. If anything, Louqe Ghost S1 just push me further into investigating.

I also considered manufacturing the Louqe Ghost S1 before, to bring it to SFFLAB. So I did some homework. There are Ghost S1 clones on Taobao for around USD $150-$200, I bought them to study the mold and factories behind them. So I did more homework.

Anyways, one of the Ghost clone factory quality is way too good to be used for clones. I been telling friends in *private to buy the S1 Clone on TaoBao because it was better than the real thing for less ?

Why make fake coca-cola when you can make the real thing, I asked that clone factory - and they agreed.

So I will repurpose that factory for the P1.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe consider using a poll as an easy way of collating where forum members' interests lie regarding vertical or horizontal formats?

Too early, until I know I can manufacturer the design, it’s too vaporware to survey.

Hope this hasn't been asked yet.. Will this project also be available for pre orders on the website, once it's online?

Yes, website.

I think my biggest thing is trying to make sure that you get 2x25mm fans in.

Yes, that was always the plan.

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
Too early, until I know I can manufacturer the design, it’s too vaporware to survey.
I'm concerned at the use of the word vaporware. It completely destroys hope. Are you experiencing some big challenges with design right now?

BTW I am so very interested in a vertical design as there isn't a single SFF tower design that interests me. The H1 was a letdown with its pointless use of TG.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm concerned at the use of the word vaporware. It completely destroys hope. Are you experiencing some big challenges with design right now?

No change in design or plans.

But until it’s production ready, it’s vaporware.

I guess I don’t see vaporware as alarming or negative as others - I believe in the process, so I believe I can materialize the design faithfully.

bricemx

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2018
No change in design or plans.

But until it’s production ready, it’s vaporware.

I guess I don’t see vaporware as alarming or negative as others - I believe in the process, so I believe I can materialize the design faithfully.
Do you plan also in distro plate as T1

bricemx

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2018
I was an owner if ghost s1 and now I'm looking for another horizontal case which i prefer. And the P1 look promising with custom loop, can't wait to see the P1

Reactions: Brandonandon

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
This is how it happened:

I been wanting to make extrusion & CNC cases *long before the Louqe Ghost S1. The ZS-A4 was an extrusion case on TaoBao way before Louqe Ghost S1, I knew there were CNC and Extrusion factories that can help transform high end SFF cases at $150-$200 price. If anything, Louqe Ghost S1 just push me further into investigating.

I also considered manufacturing the Louqe Ghost S1 before, to bring it to SFFLAB. So I did some homework. There are Ghost S1 clones on Taobao for around USD $150-$200, I bought them to study the mold and factories behind them. So I did more homework.

Anyways, one of the Ghost clone factory quality is way too good to be used for clones. I been telling friends in *private to buy the S1 Clone on TaoBao because it was better than the real thing for less ?

Why make fake coca-cola when you can make the real thing, I asked that clone factory - and they agreed.

So I will repurpose that factory for the P1.
Do you have any link to TaoBao's clones? I'd like to grab one...

synchronos

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2019
Here's hoping that the horizontal version also becomes reality! I've been reading the T1 thread for a while now and almost made up my mind to purchase it as soon as it becomes available in large quantities. But now that I saw these designs, I may have to adjust my decision yet again! The T1 looks great, its design is on par with Streacom DA2 and Thor Mjolnir (not saying they look the same, though). But this one looks just so much better! Even though it might be cheaper than the T1, I'd gladly pay more for this one.

But I wouldn't buy a vertical version. It's just too dominating. I don't mind a bigger desk footprint. I only care that how much attention the case would get when I see it next to the display, and with the vertical it's just too much. Even though the profile area is equal, or at least nearly equal, the vertical case just perceivable looks larger and more attention-seeking. In addition to the - maybe irrational, but still - fear of toppling it and making it fall off my desk.

I also understand the people that disagree and who argue that there are so few vertical case designs available. It's true. But for me it just doesn't matter if T1 is available for horizontal builds, if the P1 isn't.

In addition, if the P1 is supporting 280 mm rads, I assume it makes the case 20 mm wider? I'm going to make an air-cooled build, so I really wouldn't mind getting that 20 mm headroom as well, as then I could have both the 70 mm CPU cooler height and 60 mm of room for the GPU. With the T1 I'd have to choose between using NH-L12S and a dual-slot card or NH-L9i and a three-slot card. Both are unoptimal, as the dual-slot cards are noisier, and the L9i just can't handle, e.g., a 10700K or even a 10600K. So I really hope the case is made to support the 140 mm headroom inside. Even the support for 50 mm GPUs when using 70 mm for the CPU cooler would make the life much easier, allowing to put in, for example, EVGA's 2.5-slot cards.

I'm waiting for the RTX 30x0 series in any case [pun not intended], so I'm not in a hurry to wait until, say, next January for the horizontal P1 to become reality.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Wahaha360 I REALLY REALLY suggest you to support in the P1 also the HW Labs 240 Slim Radiator.

I am testing it now and is equal to my XE 60mm with fans till 1300rpm! It's incredible.

Of course if you keep the 280 rad support it will fit. (There will be space also for the GTS 280??)

Reactions: bricemx

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 I REALLY REALLY suggest you to support in the P1 also the HW Labs 240 Slim Radiator.

I am testing it now and is equal to my XE 60mm with fans till 1300rpm! It's incredible.

Of course if you keep the 280 rad support it will fit. (There will be space also for the GTS 280??)

Will support HWL GTS240 and GTS280. I want to beat the Corsair One, that radiator is a must.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Will support HWL GTS240 and GTS280. I want to beat the Corsair One, that radiator is a must.

DUDE, I was holding myself back on asking for you to support HWL since like the begining of the thread because I thought you were never going to support those rads since their frames are wider and more space restrictive than literally any other rad of same specs. I was convinced you were not going to do it!!!

I love you now