Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Neptimus7

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2020
With most other cases - including the T1 - already being horizontal, I'm surprised to see many people wanting yet another horizontal case.

Vertical would differentiate it more from other cases and take up less space on a desk or floor - just seems like a no-brainer to me, especially with how good the design is looking ATM.

Personally, I want a horizontal case that can fit under my dual-monitor setup. The T1 is a little small for the hardware I want to run (although maybe with the distro plate it'll work). If it's possible to do two layouts that would be amazing, otherwise I'll probably have to look at other cases, most of which are unappealing to me aesthetically (the Ghost S1 is good, but that's far too expensive).

Kaleidian

Case Bender
New User
Oct 5, 2019
Eagerly waiting for this. Initially i wanted the T1, but if we can get his one here anytime soon, I'll grab one as it suits my needs even better.

Wintermutee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 26, 2019
With most other cases - including the T1 - already being horizontal, I'm surprised to see many people wanting yet another horizontal case.

Vertical would differentiate it more from other cases and take up less space on a desk or floor - just seems like a no-brainer to me, especially with how good the design is looking ATM.

I just want a horizontal case that can take a 240 mm aio that is top or bottom mounted, sandwich layout, and I'm able to see it. The only other option for that is the sliger SM570 which is likely around twice the price to get in the UK, despite being made of steel with an acrylic window.

Snakeyjakey

Cable Smoosher
Apr 21, 2019
First the T1 and now this beaut!

I'm going to start a new religion, Wahaha-ism. Follow the path to sff prosperity my brethren.

Brandonandon

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2017

Hmmm, you've convinced me. I want both. Lol

Reactions: bricemx

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
It's been a while since we've have any useful conversations in this thread. Some of these are questions @Boil already kinda eluded to but like it said trying to get good conversation going unlike what has been happening since the survey info.

I know @Wahaha360 said that the fitment specs and layout haven't been decided on but I'm just thinking about future pumps for the case. I currently am cooling a full system (2070 super, ryzen 3600 with a 280mm nexxxos v2 and eisstation 80) with the same pump as the Alphacool LT240 contains. Now at 60% the temps are great but there is a slight hum that I can hear at idle. I'm still waiting for the true 7v cable to see if that changes. So honestly no worries if you keep the LT Solo in mind when looking at block height and how much can it realistically cool. However with a 280mm rad you have ~145mm tolerances you have to cover for the rad so it should be able to house larger aio blocks and wide gpus. I know it's not exact but seeing what the 3 slot gpu side will leave for the cpu will be interesting. I'm wondering if there will be enough room for a Apogee drive II? I'm just wondering how to get a bigger pump like DDC/D5 in the case. Really hoping the Fr33Flow pans out.

I think my biggest thing is trying to make sure that you get 2x25mm fans in. The slim fan isn't really my favorite, even nocutas. There really isn't a suitable 140mm slim fan on the market that is worth it either. I know there are options but none are that great.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
It's been a while since we've have any useful conversations in this thread. Some of these are questions @Boil already kinda eluded to but like it said trying to get good conversation going unlike what has been happening since the survey info.

I know @Wahaha360 said that the fitment specs and layout haven't been decided on but I'm just thinking about future pumps for the case. I currently am cooling a full system (2070 super, ryzen 3600 with a 280mm nexxxos v2 and eisstation 80) with the same pump as the Alphacool LT240 contains. Now at 60% the temps are great but there is a slight hum that I can hear at idle. I'm still waiting for the true 7v cable to see if that changes. So honestly no worries if you keep the LT Solo in mind when looking at block height and how much can it realistically cool. However with a 280mm rad you have ~145mm tolerances you have to cover for the rad so it should be able to house larger aio blocks and wide gpus. I know it's not exact but seeing what the 3 slot gpu side will leave for the cpu will be interesting. I'm wondering if there will be enough room for a Apogee drive II? I'm just wondering how to get a bigger pump like DDC/D5 in the case. Really hoping the Fr33Flow pans out.

I think my biggest thing is trying to make sure that you get 2x25mm fans in. The slim fan isn't really my favorite, even nocutas. There really isn't a suitable 140mm slim fan on the market that is worth it either. I know there are options but none are that great.

I agree with this notion of really having support for 25mm fans in this design, it just makes no sense to avoid this configuration since we are trying to cool a potential workstation now. I also think if Wahaha is going with the vertical design, since cables need to come out top or bottom, there should be space enough around this area to place a ddc pump like the Mach 1...

Also if we have 25mm fan support, if going down the route of 280 rad we have the new 140 Sterrox fan from noctua coming probably next year, which should bring even better performance than their 120mm version.

Last edited:

WarmJumper

Efficiency Noob
Apr 9, 2019
Just to add my vote: I don’t really have a strong preference for the case orientation, I’m just excited for a beautiful small case that can fit a standard 240/280 aio.
The T1 can already fit 2 GPUs and a custom loop (somehow), the big selling point of this for me is aesthetics and ease of setup (read: laziness)
I think that’s true for a lot of people, they just aren’t the kind of people who comment on sff.net forums, us sff basic bitches if you will.?‍♂️

Reactions: bricemx

Deke

Cable Smoosher
Apr 22, 2020
I've been lurking and following the T1 thread, and I had no idea about these incredibly sexy cases. The vertical case, in particular, is extremely intriguing. I'll take one of everything! ;)