Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
E.S. Kim, all else equal, 360mm radiator is unlikely to outperform a 280mm radiator in a meaningful way. When you can't get more than 2C of difference, it might as well be human error and or standard variation from components.

* rough estimate of 360 radiator surface area = 120*120*3=43,200 mm
* rough estimate of 280 radiator surface area = 140*140*2=39,200mm
* while this math is not the right way to calculate, but looking at about 10% difference, that difference doesn't translate into meaningful performance gap

240 and 280 are ideal for the proportions and cooling capacity I'm going for.

I only added the 280mm radiator support for Threadripper builds.
How thick can the radiator get? Up to something like a HWL GTX counting 25mm fans?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How thick can the radiator get? Up to something like a HWL GTX counting 25mm fans?

30mm thick radiators, again, keeping the volume and footprint low.

The performance of most copper 280 by 30mm thick radiator on Noctua fans is overkill for 99% of the builds for SFF - even for low noise builds.

Reactions: fabio and MultiDoc

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
30mm thick radiators, again, keeping the volume and footprint low.

The performance of most copper 280 by 30mm thick radiator on Noctua fans is overkill for 99% of the builds for SFF - even for low noise builds.
You can definetly get nice temps out of a radiator like that for a loop with a GPU and CPU as long as you don´t overclock. It will not be 40 ºC, sure, but componentes can run perfectly fine at 60ºC. The effects of tubing over a long time are not ideal, but replacing soft tubing is far from expensive.

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
My only issue with a vertical layout is that it’s not easy to access the cables. I move my PC around a lot (and maybe a lot of SFF enthusiasts are in the same boat), so if it was vertical, it’d be important for me to be able to easily remove the panel that covers them.

My ideal setup would have an internal thunderbolt dock or something, so I’d just have to plug a USB C and power, but I don’t think any mITX do this yet. Hopefully soon!

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
My only issue with a vertical layout is that it’s not easy to access the cables. I move my PC around a lot (and maybe a lot of SFF enthusiasts are in the same boat), so if it was vertical, it’d be important for me to be able to easily remove the panel that covers them.

My ideal setup would have an internal thunderbolt dock or something, so I’d just have to plug a USB C and power, but I don’t think any mITX do this yet. Hopefully soon!
Thunderbolt? Are there internal Thunderbolt headers boards?

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
Thunderbolt? Are there internal Thunderbolt headers boards?

I think the Asrock x570 board has a thunderbolt port, but it doesn't have a passthrough for a GPU signal. For this concept to work, the motherboard would need a video input, and the GPU would need an internal video output.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I think the Asrock x570 board has a thunderbolt port, but it doesn't have a passthrough for a GPU signal. For this concept to work, the motherboard would need a video input, and the GPU would need an internal video output.

The Asrock does have TB3 and it does have a DP input on the motherboard for GPU pass through.

Reactions: Jayanth

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
My question was about an INTERNAL Thunderbolt header. Of course there are external plugs and DP ins.
The Strix Z390-I has an internal type-c header, not sure if it's thunderbolt though, probably just USB.

scub4st3v3

Trash Compacter
May 4, 2017
I was enamored with DSE's Vertex, but unfortunately it looks like it will never see the light of day. I was excited for SV540/590, but it just barely missed the mark for me in anesthetics.

This case will more than scratch my Vertex itch. I can't wait for it to enter production.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I have a 360 radiator in 7 liters (even a little more) and it feels great
360 single rad or 240 + 120? That would make a difference.

Also, I think the purpose is to make things relatively simple for most people, I know this forum is full of mad men that can fit LOTS of stuff in a tiny space.

Sijnk

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Looking so much forward to this case...
SFF with 280 or 2x240 radiatorsupport for quiet watercooling solutions to cool highend hardware! We need this!

YES: Ncase M1, T1, Ghost S1... all are supporting 240. But i cannot find one single buildlog, where one 240 is enough to cool a highend CPU and GPU (like 3950&2080TI) without noice or heatproblems. Or can someone show me one?

@Wahaha360: Do you know, when you get some updates on upcoming hardwarespecs?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-04-06 : Product Update!

I'm going to prototype both the Horizontal and Vertical case. The Vertical case is a *definitely go. Horizontal case is a maybe. I want to be hit a certain price / function, so let's see what happens after I get the prototypes.

I will wait a little more before revealing the internals - still tweaking.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

I'm going to prototype both the Horizontal and Vertical case. The Vertical case is a *definitely go. Horizontal case is a maybe. I want to be hit a certain price / function, so let's see what happens after I get the prototypes.

Damned Tweakers! ;^p

@Wahaha360 , I do have the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact x570 mDTX motherboard, if you want someone to do some T&E on the vertical P1? I am looking to do a full custom loop in something, why not do it in a beta P1 for SCIENCE!

Reactions: bricemx and fabio

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018

great news. I really like watching the reviews and post in the T1 thread. If you can make the P1 price close (or lets dream, cheaper) to T1, then it will be another hit.

Reactions: bricemx

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Damned Tweakers! ;^p

@Wahaha360 , I do have the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact x570 mDTX motherboard, if you want someone to do some T&E on the vertical P1? I am looking to do a full custom loop in something, why not do it in a beta P1 for SCIENCE!

Thanks, I have the same mobo ?

Reactions: fabio