Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
I guess this ended up being vertical. Well I'm out. Anything taller than my monitors is a non starter. All of these trash can cases are just a turn off to me. Lower volume is more interesting to me than having to add more volume to account for bent up cables.
There's a perfectly good amount of good standard sandwich cases, I'm all for a well designed vertical case. I definitely want to see more chimney builds.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Something I forgot to inquire about in my previous post (and can't edit for whatever reason) is this: has the volume been settled on yet? I think 11L suits the goal of this case very well.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Something I forgot to inquire about in my previous post (and can't edit for whatever reason) is this: has the volume been settled on yet? I think 11L suits the goal of this case very well.
I'm willing to guess that the design hasnt been finalized, so we will have to wait for the design to progress.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

With @Wahaha360 wanting a 280 radiator in the system, I would think the P1 Vertical will be closer to the 18L of the prototype MachOne...

Reactions: Bonusround

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
With @Wahaha360 wanting a 280 radiator in the system, I would think the P1 Vertical will be closer to the 18L of the prototype MachOne...
It depends. If the P1 ends up supporting 280 radiators, the volume would probably be around 14L. Otherwise, if it supports 240 radiators only, volume should be about 12L. At this point only Wahaha360 knows.

For reference the NZXT H1 is a 13.5L case

Personally, I'd be totally okay with 240 radiators support, but I understant that supporting larger radiators is a cool feature to have, especially considering that not many SFF cases offer that (if any).

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
It depends. If the P1 ends up supporting 280 radiators, the volume would probably be around 14L. Otherwise, if it supports 240 radiators only, volume should be about 12L. At this point only Wahaha360 knows.

Personally, I'd be totally okay with 240 radiators support, but I understant that supporting larger radiators is a cool feature to have, especially considering that not many SFF cases offer that (if any).

Also keep in mind the Sliger SV590 is 18L and supports 360mm radiators in a vertical orientation and has tons of space (triple slot card, room for res/pump).

Last edited:
Reactions: Metroversal

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

Honestly I think 240mm radiators would be the sweet spot - great cooling performance while not increasing the footprint of the case too much. With 280mm you'd be looking at diminishing returns in regards to size required for an addition 1C of cooling.

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
with 280 this will be very unique proposition, you can market it as the smallest 280 rad case in the world. Also custom loops will be easier, currently you have to buy very specific fittings to fit GPU/CPU blocks which is quite annoying.

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Previously mentioned 240 specs: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L
Worst case scenario you add 20mm width for 280 that's: 156x232x370mm, 13.4L
I assume you don't need it wider than ~145mm so probably ~12.5L for final design, only ~1cm extra desk space.

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
I guess this ended up being vertical. Well I'm out. Anything taller than my monitors is a non starter. All of these trash can cases are just a turn off to me. Lower volume is more interesting to me than having to add more volume to account for bent up cables.
Same. Can’t get behind vertical cases. ? Different strokes for different folks.

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020

Honestly, if the case can take two dual rads for a custom loop, I´d buy it right now. The capacity to get some overckocking on high end hardware in an SFF is simply amazing.

E.S. Kim

Cable Smoosher
Dec 31, 2019
I've been tinkering with the idea of a vertical case with 360 radiator for some time and saw this forum and am EXCITED. The 360 would allow a custom loop cooling both CPU and GPU which I think is the direction water cooling systems will be going. I did a layout and it can be done in a 14L case but no such case available now. Hope the P1 or another future version will go this direction.

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
I've been tinkering with the idea of a vertical case with 360 radiator for some time and saw this forum and am EXCITED. The 360 would allow a custom loop cooling both CPU and GPU which I think is the direction water cooling systems will be going. I did a layout and it can be done in a 14L case but no such case available now. Hope the P1 or another future version will go this direction.
You have the Sliger vertical case already. It does support a 360 rad, but it´s limited to ITX motherboards only. I am saving to get a new gpu and cpu for this year once all the dust is clear with Ampere, RDNA and Zen 3 settles, so I am super excited for the magicians on this forums to be able to get some serious watercooling capable case on an SFF.
In essence, this could be the case (or the MachOne) that gives everything an Evolv Shift X should have done and couldn´t.

E.S. Kim

Cable Smoosher
Dec 31, 2019
You have the Sliger vertical case already. It does support a 360 rad, but it´s limited to ITX motherboards only. I am saving to get a new gpu and cpu for this year once all the dust is clear with Ampere, RDNA and Zen 3 settles, so I am super excited for the magicians on this forums to be able to get some serious watercooling capable case on an SFF.
In essence, this could be the case (or the MachOne) that gives everything an Evolv Shift X should have done and couldn´t.
But the Sliger SV590 is 18 litres and the MachOne is 18.5L ... a bit too big for my liking, especially if it can be done in 14L.

Neptimus7

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2020
I guess the thing is that this case was our shot at getting a clean mini-ITX build that supported 240mm rads. As far as I know, the only other case out there would be the Ghost S1, but that suffers from a lack of airflow, poor availability, and high prices (to add the necessary hats).

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
But the Sliger SV590 is 18 litres and the MachOne is 18.5L ... a bit too big for my liking, especially if it can be done in 14L.
360 rad in 14L is not possible, at least not in a user friendly manner.

Also, the case will be about 490mm (19,3 inches) in height. It will start to look like a tower and might need a larger 'base' to be stable. 360 rad is overkill IMHO.

Reactions: BRSxIgnition