Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Wintermutee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 26, 2019
Horizontal would be great, I think I've always just been wanting a sandwich NCase M1 really. A little understated for my liking, but with a glass panel option I'm sure that I could commit some form of obnoxious RGB war crime. Essentially just trying to keep as much of what I have in my current baby steps SFF pc (Evolv ITX) as I move into a smaller enclosure.

Naoufi

Case Bender
New User
Feb 18, 2020
I would love the horizontal version more than the vertical one to be honest. A tempered glass option (gpu side) for those who watercool would be very nice as well.

JSItems

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2019
Oh my god that horizontal case is a beauty. I have an Ncase M1 V6 and love it but this is maybe the most aesthetically pleasing case I've seen.

Is there any way you could make one a little bigger and give it compatibility with either a C14S or even something larger like the U12S? I don't love watercooling and don't mind a case closer to 12-15L personally.

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Love the new design, @Wahaha360. Based on the dimensions, I'm guessing this will have better 240 rad support than the T1 (Hence the thread). Are you planning support for more standard height (~30mm) rads and/or fans (~25mm)? Or does the height of the mobo tray / spine prevent this (also will this one have the option for multiple GPU/CPU configs like the T1?)

Visually, I prefer the horizontal configuration, but would definitely still be interested in the vertical one, especially if it frees up the option for things like multiple radiators. The vertical layout will also stand out more against other sandwich-style cases on the market now.

My ideal setup would be something with similar space efficiency and build quality to the T1 or this, but with dual 240 rad support for huge overclocking potential.

Either way, awesome to see more work, been lurking on this site for some time following the T1, never thought I'd see a second awesome case from you any time soon!

Last edited:

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
I'm liking it. I think I much prefer the horizontal config. I must say, I'm not too keen on a glass box for this form factor. This size is awesome for throwing it in your bag, and putting a glass box in your bag is just a bad idea... even if it's super awesome glass made from sapphire... don't ask how I know.

@Wahaha360 Do you think it's possible to get one of these cases just raw Al, without anodizing, machine marks and all? I think It would be pretty cool just to have a raw industrial looking one.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Questions: I notice the width difference between the "Horizontal with 240AIO" vs the Vertical, does the 10mm make a difference for AIO compatibility in the vertical case? Would the extra tallness/length be used for graphics card compatibility or cable management purposes?

Thats an error, both should be 232mm.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Curious to know what the difference is in the horizontal 8.5L option and the Sidearmd T1? Is the liter or so difference in size the ability to fit a 120mm aio?

Yes, the 120AIO and LT240 made the T1 bigger.

The default horizontal 8.5L only supports slim 15mm thick fans under the motherboard. No 120AIO or LT240.

A Radiator Box / Top Hat allows it to support 240mm, but you get a less space efficiency compare to the T1.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Love the new design, @Wahaha360. Based on the dimensions, I'm guessing this will have better 240 rad support than the T1 (Hence the thread). Are you planning support for more standard height (~30mm) rads and/or fans (~25mm)? Or does the height of the mobo tray / spine prevent this (also will this one have the option for multiple GPU/CPU configs like the T1?)

A Radiator Box / Top Hat allows it to support 240mm by 30mm thick.

It will have movable Spine like the T1 as well.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
not the biggest fan of so many 'lines' if that makes sense, it makes it look very "busy" for such simplistic design.
As @arthasdklol pointed out there are a too many lines that kinda ruin the minimal aestetic.
as others said all the lines ruin the look.
The "lines" do take a little off the design but not much and look like they are necessary.
I also got a bit carried away I tried something with the mesh. I made it continuous from the front panel to the side ones to reduce the number of section lines. I don't know if that is feasable in production though, and it also defeats the point of having a flat package easier to store and ship!

You hit the nail on the head, I don't want to make the mesh continuous for cost reasons and flat packing.

I tried to recreate the same dark gray from the T1 renders just to get a better grasp of it...

I can achieve this in production.

Last edited:

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
You hit the nail on the head, I don't want to make the mesh continuous for cost reasons and flat packing.
Asking out of curiosity: the rounded edges cause the spot where side panels begin to be shifted towards the middle of the case. Have you thought about making it more like the sidearmd where the side panels are more less in line with edges of the shape of the case (that's where you would expect lack of continuity of the panel by default)?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Asking out of curiosity: the rounded edges cause the spot where side panels begin to be shifted towards the middle of the case. Have you thought about making it more like the sidearmd where the side panels are more less in line with edges of the shape of the case (that's where you would expect lack of continuity of the panel by default)?

Then the case will not have rounded corners.

I have an idea on how to hide the break line in mesh. I have to do some experiments first.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019

I have an idea on how to hide the break line in mesh. I have to do some experiments first.
I guess that's what I couldn't verbalize properly - you want the round edges. Makes sense, looking forward to seeing if the experiments pan out!

Last edited:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017

Do you think that rounded corners are a real necessity?
The Razer Tomahawk does not have any rounded corners at all and still manage to look really good.

With that said I'm not sure if a boxy version of the current design could work, just asking out of curiosity.

yuserinterface

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
I also get Sonos vibes from this case. It would look great with my existing speakers

Last edited:
Reactions: Sen