Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Prijomoj

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2019
Of course I've watched it, Optimum Tech said that one minor drawback of flipping the case is the fact that the power cable will be at the top. Nothing major lol.
Also, since the case is aimed at 240 AIO aficionados, the default orientation should be the one that provides the best cooling performance.

These are only my suggestions, I'm already a fan of the current T1 layout. I'll be fine with any decision from @Wahaha360 ?
agree i will buy him anyway
do you know from where we could order it sfflab is down

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
So the sandwich layout is interesting to me because making it more boring = making it common = growing SFF.

I co-founded NCASE to showcase SFF possibilities. I co-founded SFFLAB to make SFF more approachable (work in progress), I am now working on the sandwich layout to make SFF common.

I find moving the needle most interesting.

I mean, sure, I am all for making SFF mainstream, but giving people more options is never a bad idea too. A solid option for those that maybe don't want to downgrade everything but they would still like to make their PC smaller would be cool too.

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
I think what was meant by making the inverted orientation default (rad on top) was to adjust the front panel sizing so the smaller one is on the bottom when rad is on top. I think it looks more balanced this way personally, but I can understand if it’s a pain to change :)

Reactions: Metroversal

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I think what was meant by making the inverted orientation default (rad on top) was to adjust the front panel sizing so the smaller one is on the bottom when rad is on top. I think it looks more balanced this way personally, but I can understand if it’s a pain to change :)
Yea that was one of the little reasons, but it doesn't matter anymore since the Tmac1 is going to be a vertical case.
Honestly I did not see it coming, but I'm interested to see the first pictures.

forstsiven

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2016
I can only speak for myself, but I'd love to see something that would support mDTX or even ATX, but carrying on the style of the SidearmD. Something ultra premium with support for custom loop, while maximizing space efficiency for workstation use.

Circle Pro was kind of that ultra premium build quality, but it had too many part limitations to make it worth purchasing. I'd love to see something in that space but with more compatibility.

Reactions: Marvelm

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Soo the exterior of the vertical case...is it gonna be like a sidearmd t1 flipped vertically or will the proportions,design & stuff be slightly tweaked for the vertical layout

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Oh and i assume that you'll move the case feet for the vertical case
Will there be any other changes to account for stability on a desk ; cus as it's verical it's more likely to be tipped over & stuff (buut on the other hand , since it's probably gonna be quite heavy once it has hardware inside it i suppose the case being tipped over is gonna be quite unlikely )

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Yeah i'm lazy and like warranty support and builds that can be put together with off the shelf parts off amazon prime same day shipping. Convince is a damn blessing when working full time and life gets in the way. This is the case I would like to move up to from my ghost. 3 slot gpu for better thermals and more headroom on max gpu card 300w and cpu should be fine a generic corsair 240 aio.

I'm not sure if this is possible or it will ruin the look. But, honestly I feel it will really come down to a sliger equivalent and this. The SV540 he made is cool but why not make an SV570 with 240mm aio support. But then again I don't buy a sliger because I think the price is too expensive and looks cheap. It costs as much as a ghost yet not CNC and doesn't look as premium.

I am not sure how you would make the stand. I know the sv590 is not stable without that stand. My request is mainly can you figure out a way to route the cables similarly like the sv590 flap or just not make it look as ugly as the velka cases. Other than that looks good bro, Thanks.

Edit: Hint Hint routing the cables on the bottom with a dope CNC stand would look great and still keep them hidden. Think about it.

Last edited:

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I'm not sure if this is possible or it will ruin the look. But, honestly I feel it will really come down to a sliger equivalent and this. The SV540 he made is cool but why not make an SV570 with 240mm aio support. But then again I don't buy a sliger because I think the price is too expensive and looks cheap. It costs as much as a ghost yet not CNC and doesn't look as premium.

I am not sure how you would make the stand. I know the sv590 is not stable without that stand. My request is mainly can you figure out a way to route the cables similarly like the sv590 flap or just not make it look as ugly as the velka cases. Other than that looks good bro, Thanks.
Madhawk1995,
Do you actually have a SV590? I do and I use it without the base. There are no stability issues, I would have to strike the top extremely hard to knock it over. I know it is a matter of taste, but I would never consider the Sliger cases cheap looking.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Madhawk1995,
Do you actually have a SV590? I do and I use it without the base. There are no stability issues, I would have to strike the top extremely hard to knock it over. I know it is a matter of taste, but I would never consider the Sliger cases cheap looking.
I am going strictly off what I have seen from 2 out of maybe 5 sv590 builds on reddit. Maybe they feel better in person I'm not a professional on aluminum or the various forms of CNC all I know is I had an O11 dynamic build saw the louqe ghost s1 and thought this was beautiful. That's the sff case I want. I never felt any appeal for dan case and ncase m1. The sidearm t1 was super appealing because I could easily downsize and keep my strix 2080. I have only seen 3 cases that have that appeal to me Louqe Ghost, Sidearm and Mjolnir. I have no idea what they do on ghost and mjolnir to have that shine vs sidearm is CNC but matte.

Regardless, I don't think the sm550,560 or the SV590 should cost that much. I have not felt it. I like the creator and love how he is always taking feedback from the community and actually whipping out new cases fast. But, like I said till I feel one I think this case is going to come out better. If this case is similar design and quality to a sidearm t1 vs a sv540 sv590 hybrid.

In my eyes, it would be a damn shame if it comes down to one routes cables cleanly up top vs exposed or just limit io access but cleanly hidden at bottom. My friend made a 3d printed stand for the ghost so technically I will be running a setup like this till this case is out. Ideally 240 aio + 2/3 slot gpu all in one CNC case. I can easily say end game for now.

Edit: If it makes you feel better my cousin is deciding between downsizing from a corsair air 540 to a cerberus x or commit to a full new build in an sv590. He just needs confirmation it will fit in his backpack. I'm over hear praying this will be out and he waits till end of the year for new GPUs and CPUs to be out. My beef with the sliger cases is I am in the middle maybe it hits the wider market and that's what sells. But, I don't like only 50mm air cooler clearance then the sm580 didn't support corsair 280mm yeah my fault on already having 9 ML 120 rgb fans lying around. I didn't want to go with Nzxt. Long story short, I think this a decent middle ground 240 aio decent for most builds and 3 slot gpu decent perf for 300w GPUs. If he makes one great if not I'm not interested in bigger than I need. I want Goldilocks and the 3 little bears perfect. But, definitely bonus points for the custom colors and powder coating. That is cool.
Also, I don't want this to come across like I want it for $100. I understand every sff case costs about $200 USD(yes even the TaoBao cases with shipping). But, unless you really love the aesthetic and what it offers you simply can't justify it.

Last edited:

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Madhawk1995,

Thank you for the explanation of your reasoning for your comments ! My SV590 is quite stable without the base, I don't know why others would be unstable.
Sliger cases are much thicker than many of the flimsy steel cheaper products on the market. I also feel that the CNC aluminium cases are quite beautiful and agree with many others on this thread that Wahaha360 has meticulously designed a beautiful product that I would love to own. I don't see how he is able to sell the Sidearmd for $200.
I don't think the SV590 would fit well in a backpack, it is 18.58 inches tall.

Duckferd

Case Bender
New User
Feb 13, 2020
Hi, I'm a long time lurker but this project has piqued my interest.

Looking at a couple of different vertical cases:

-I thought the Velka 5 was an interesting concept but it's too small for substantial cooling and suffers from "cable sprout" as they all exit the top.

-I really love the way the Phanteks Evolv Shift looks -aluminum panels, TG glass front and rear to show off your GPU and CPU AIOs; but it has a poor internal layout despite its size which limits cooling options. This case is also interesting in that it has two versions- TG, for full showoff with AIOs; mesh if you're air cooling. This is also the only sandwich case I've seen where you can flip the GPU to show off the backplate (i.e. ugly Kraken G12 bracket and regular AIO on something like a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT with cool backplate). The case does solve the Velka 5's problem of cable sprout by having 'raised' side panels with a lid on top to allow the cables to clear and exit the back.

-The Corsair One is a pretty good example of what is possible with vertical SFF cooling capability; it has two 240mm AIOs pulling air in (for GPU/CPU) and a big fan at the top to push air out. This is probably the most optimal cooling solution, an optimized liquid cooled version of Apple's old "trashcan" style Mac Pro. Of course this is a custom case for a pre-built PC.

What I would be most interested in is a vertical case that offers a TG or mesh option for front/rear (for option of liquid cooled or air cooled CPU/GPU), dual 240mm AIO options for the sides (essentially 2/4 sides being radiators), and a big fan at the top with cabling exiting the bottom. A blend of the Evolv Shift and Corsair One concepts. And of course with the Sidearm T1's trick of two styles of backplate and motherboard positions for accomodating larger or smaller GPU/CPU cooling. I'm guessing having all of that might be a big ask!

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
Interesting, will keep my eye on this project. But for now I'm kinda aiming for "SLATE MT1":