Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Soulstar

Case Bender
New User
Jan 24, 2020
I love the look of that new two tone. I much prefer the horizontal myself. Don’t know why but none of the vertical sff cases I have seen appealed to me.

Reactions: bricemx

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
I got you ?

Have to say that it looks MUCH better without the strip!

Full Resolution:
2-Tone
Silver

Let's turn the lights on ?

Looks FANTASTIC! great work!

Vertical case makes more sense in this design, but still where the I/O goes is a concern.. I/O options is only top/bottom? how bout rear?

Horizontal case does remind me of the Ghost with Top hat which rather kills the look. Can we still flip the case with this design and get thermal performance like the T1?

Reactions: Metroversal

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
The biggest critique I have of the Ghost S1 is how the top hats needed to use a 240 AIO kill the look. It can be forgiven, in my opinion, because of the large amount of utility that the top hats allow. But this two toned look doesn't offer any utility or purpose for its existence. This is also a problem I have in the split front of the T1, though it also at least serves a function. It doesn't make sense, design wise, to remove power buttons and I/O in pursuit of minimalism, only to reintroduce complexity if it doesn't serve a function.

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
Wow! I am not looking into getting a new build going but I follow all of these designs. I felt like the H1 was a step in the right direction to finally take on the Corsair One for a vertical design but this one knocks it out of the park!

Look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Since we are getting bigger, I would suggest to make the case compatible with 330mm gpu (msi trio), which will get approximately those dimension:
136x232x348mm = 11L (and we could call it the sidearmd t11 ? )

The extra space can allow one or two extra 2,5" ssd drive (it's 7mm thick, those dimension will give 18mm more than the t1) between the psu and the front pannel
Also having the 240mm AIO on top by default instead as on the bottom would be way better temperature wise

And filtering mesh on all side is clearly the way to go ?

Reactions: Soul_Est

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I don't know why, but I love boxy designs. That tall one is looking just as good as the Chimera match one

Wintermutee

Efficiency Noob
Jun 26, 2019
Think I'd prefer all grey, or a lighter shade for the dark in the two tone. Its a bit too jarring but of course it is only a render so in reality if it is an option in the budget range I assume it would look better. I know IO is still up in the air but personally if it was a thing, USB-C is more of a hassle than a benefit, given the amount of talk in the post for NCASe of people using adapters just to get it to work. I'd rather have a couple type A ports somewhere just so I can use thumb drives easily.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
By your id and avatar, are you Chinese? In China, there are many itx fans like me who like sidearmd t1 very much. Since t1 is OEM in China, is it possible to increase some channels of direct purchase in China, such as taobao store, alipay or WeChat payment method, which will be more friendly to Chinese buyers.

See this post, post,

Looks great. Would the taller one accept DTX form factor, or is it still sandwich layout?

That's the plan.

Zjzclr

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 28, 2020
Thank you, I strongly suggest that there is a convenient way to buy T1 in China. There are a lot of itx fans in China and they also have a strong purchasing power. If t1 can be mailed directly from the OEM factory to Chinese buyers, I believe t1 will have a very good sales in China.Finally, forgive my broken English, they were translated by the translation software!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you, I strongly suggest that there is a convenient way to buy T1 in China. There are a lot of itx fans in China and they also have a strong purchasing power. If t1 can be mailed directly from the OEM factory to Chinese buyers, I believe t1 will have a very good sales in China.Finally, forgive my broken English, they were translated by the translation software!
I believe that the t1 already ships directly from the factory to Chinese buyers, so the shipping would be really fast for you. If you are referring to ways to buy it from the website (like WeChat), I believe that he is working on trying to get those to work.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
I really like the all mesh sides to both of these renders. I would buy either one as long as they were compatible with whatever hardware I had. I love my Ncase M1 v6 and these renders look amazing! I'm more of an air cooler guy myself, having the Noctua C14s in my Ncase build. The only issue I see with the original T1 (which I'd still like to own) is that I have a Strix GTX 1080ti, and a Strix RTX 2070 super, both of which are like 2.5-2.7 slot gpu cards. Will this case support the C14s with these video cards? If so, I'd buy either one.

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
The c14 doesn't fit in the t1, I'm guessing it won't fit in this one either since dimensions are similar. The tallest heatsink supported in the T1 is the nh-l12s.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I really like the all mesh sides to both of these renders. I would buy either one as long as they were compatible with whatever hardware I had. I love my Ncase M1 v6 and these renders look amazing! I'm more of an air cooler guy myself, having the Noctua C14s in my Ncase build. The only issue I see with the original T1 (which I'd still like to own) is that I have a Strix GTX 1080ti, and a Strix RTX 2070 super, both of which are like 2.5-2.7 slot gpu cards. Will this case support the C14s with these video cards? If so, I'd buy either one.

Definitely not, In 2 slot GPU mode CPU clearance in the T1 (and would be pretty close to this variant) is 70mm and in 3 slot GPU mode (to fit your cards) would further limit CPU cooler clearance to 50mm.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the replies guys. If I decide to go back to the AIO route I might pick up one of these cases when they become available and transplant my 3950x system. After seeing how much free space I have on my desk with my Ncase M1, I don't ever want to go back to full-size. :)

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
I much more prefer the original single tone design with symmetric top and bottom.

This one feels like Ghost top hats all over again :/ (which is why I didn't buy it)

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman