Prototype FormD-P1 (Sidearmd) 280/240AIO Support Case

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Update: changed brand name due to banking reasons - Sidearmd was flagged because it's close to firearms 🤔

Update 2020-04-06 : Product Update!

I'm going to prototype both the Horizontal and Vertical case. The Vertical case is a *definitely go. Horizontal case is a maybe. I want to be hit a certain price / function, so let's see what happens after I get the prototypes.

I will wait a little more before revealing the internals - still tweaking.

Update 2020-02-29 : credit to Metroversal for the design change suggestion

Update 2020-02-16 : Horizontal or Vertical, hard to decide

Great artists steal, so credit to B&O 17

1. Same sandwich layout like T1, 3-15mm aluminum + CNC + anodizing frame, same high flow mesh for optimal thermals / lower fan speed / noise
2. Hoping to get prototype by Computex.
3. Black color in the works. Window in the works. 2020Q4
4.Target price $150-$200

Can’t decide on horizontal 🤔
Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L
Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L
Vertical: 136x232x370mm, 11.7L

Update 2020-02-08 : There is congestion problem with 240AIO inquiries on the T1 thread, so let's just make a new case

I will show some pictures next week.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Out of curiosity, why are all of your designs references to firearms?
I took the name Sidearmd from Necere product years ago, way before NCASE.

I call it lazy branding, plus, I don't feel like registering a new domain name...🤣

raldian

Cable Smoosher
Sep 5, 2018
Will it have same design concept as T1 (sandwich, movable spin, and flippable) but taller to accommodate 240 AIO?

HaX

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 8, 2019
240 AIO support! Thank You! Here's hoping it's still 10L or less. Can't wait.

pyroxide

Chassis Packer
Bronze Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
if this is the case that can support AIO, then it will be wider since that is the major limitation for fitting in a 240 radiator.
I'm think you got that wrong. There's only a handful of rads at 25mm or less thick, and even fewer AIOs. Combine that with the fact that one of the fans has to be 15mm thick, and it seems like case height is the bigger limiter.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I said major limitation, not the only limitation. In the T1 thread, there are a couple of suggestions and links provided for that was potentially could fit. All of them were turned down since while they can fit in terms of thickness or length, none could fit on width except the Radiator used in LT240.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Prijomoj

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2019
from whic site we would be able to order case sfflab is down and ncase is only for ncase

Prijomoj

Cable Smoosher
Dec 15, 2019
if you
Excited for this new case!
Please keep the minimal aesthetic of the T1 ;)

Also, I suggest that radiator on top should be the default orientation.
watched video of optium tech u could see if u flip case u have better termals so i would not stick with default orientation

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
if you

watched video of optium tech u could see if u flip case u have better termals so i would not stick with default orientation
Of course I've watched it, Optimum Tech said that one minor drawback of flipping the case is the fact that the power cable will be at the top. Nothing major lol.
Also, since the case is aimed at 240 AIO aficionados, the default orientation should be the one that provides the best cooling performance.

These are only my suggestions, I'm already a fan of the current T1 layout. I'll be fine with any decision from @Wahaha360 👍

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Will it have same design concept as T1 (sandwich, movable spin, and flippable) but taller to accommodate 240 AIO?
Sandwich layout, vertical case.

Is this a new case or the 240AIO that can fit inside t1?
You gonna make it taller or wider?
Taller, vertical case.

Also, I suggest that radiator on top should be the default orientation.
Vertical case, so doesn't really apply.

How about making an ATX motherboard case similar to the TX aio by custom mod?
Motivation is the problem.

To get a project to the finish line is a marathon, and unless I'm interested, I prob give up half way, and I'm just that interested in that layout.

Marvelm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
Motivation is the problem.

To get a project to the finish line is a marathon, and unless I'm interested, I prob give up half way, and I'm just that interested in that layout.
I assume you meant 'not interested'. ;) it's just kind of boring to see all those sandwich cases over and over, no offense to yours ofc, I think it is the best out there. ATX mobo in an sff sounds great, I find myself missing some of the advantages of an ATX mobo after a long time with ITX.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
I assume you meant 'not interested'. ;) it's just kind of boring to see all those sandwich cases over and over, no offense to yours ofc, I think it is the best out there. ATX mobo in an sff sounds great, I find myself missing some of the advantages of an ATX mobo after a long time with ITX.
So the sandwich layout is interesting to me because making it more boring = making it common = growing SFF.

I co-founded NCASE to showcase SFF possibilities. I co-founded SFFLAB to make SFF more approachable (work in progress), I am now working on the sandwich layout to make SFF common.

I find moving the needle most interesting.

Last edited: