Discussion Flex MF650F it's good?

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Hi, I bought the power supply in question, but I don't know how it is qualitatively, the mf600 and mf700 platinum I found on the forum that they are good, but I have not found much about this.
I put some photos of the interior, is it possible to understand at least if it is good or poor?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Hi, I bought the power supply in question, but I don't know how it is qualitatively, the mf600 and mf700 platinum I found on the forum that they are good, but I have not found much about this.
I put some photos of the interior, is it possible to understand at least if it is good or poor?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank

i would highly suggest that you return this, to get your money back, & then follow my directions in post# 29 [ https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...e-on-flex-power-unit.16509/page-2#post-248356 ] ,to get a high quality PSU.

as others have noted before, a bad quality power unit can fry your motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, and other parts.

its just not worth it.

follow my instructions instead.

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
i would highly suggest that you return this, to get your money back, & then follow my directions in post# 29 [ https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...e-on-flex-power-unit.16509/page-2#post-248356 ] ,to get a high quality PSU.

as others have noted before, a bad quality power unit can fry your motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, and other parts.

its just not worth it.

follow my instructions instead.
How do you understand that it is of low quality? And how low?
Regardless of whether some can be better, the other from the post also costs $ 60 more.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
How do you understand that it is of low quality? And how low?

your PSU is " counterfeit " or " fake " ,because you were scammed.

i'm warning you about this, with excellent advice free of charge.

for $60 more, your motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, and other parts will not be fried.

or for $60 less, take your chances.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
your PSU is " counterfeit " or " fake " ,because you were scammed.

i'm warning you about this, with excellent advice free of charge.

for $60 more, your motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, and other parts will not be fried.

or for $60 less, take your chances.

@Instran0,

The question was "How do you understand that it is of low quality?"

Perhaps you can explain like.. what do you see from the picture that says it's low quality? Perhaps bad capacitor, or bad soldering job?

Kindly note that not all of us are technically as sound as you, so such explanation would be great :)

Reactions: lozza_c

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thank

Looking at the internals you got one of those units that sell under many different names and is frequently used in fake/lower quality flex PSUs.

For example here they sold it as DELTA 500W PSU:

You can compare your pictures with the teardown I did on the MF-700F

The legit MF-600F should look pretty much the same internally as it's made by the same OEM, called "Extreme Cat" . You may check out their channel on BiliBili:

If you want to save money when buying a FLEX PSU just get a second hand / modded server PSU from a well known seller on taobao, like YTC for example.

Reactions: ignsvn

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
@Instran0,

The question was "How do you understand that it is of low quality?"

Perhaps you can explain like.. what do you see from the picture that says it's low quality? Perhaps bad capacitor, or bad soldering job?

Kindly note that not all of us are technically as sound as you, so such explanation would be great :)

what i mean is that in China, the external cases to these power units are sold separately OEM, from its " internals " which are also sold separately OEM.

imagine a car example, where someone buys the shell of a 2021 Mercedes Benz, but scams by putting inside an engine from a 1951 Pinto.

i looked at his photos, & that's what appeared to me.

when sellers are located in China, they have access to buy parts separately OEM.

@REVOCCASES also explains this well above.

Reactions: ignsvn

Sim567

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
Looking at the internals you got one of those units that sell under many different names and is frequently used in fake/lower quality flex PSUs.

For example here they sold it as DELTA 500W PSU:

You can compare your pictures with the teardown I did on the MF-700F

The legit MF-600F should look pretty much the same internally as it's made by the same OEM, called "Extreme Cat" . You may check out their channel on BiliBili:

If you want to save money when buying a FLEX PSU just get a second hand / modded server PSU from a well known seller on taobao, like YTC for example.
Thanks, so it's clearer, then only possibly the platinum mf600/mf700 variants from aliexpress, or from taobao Ytc(just need to figure out how to get it shipped to eu)

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Reactions: scatterforce