First ever build/S4M

Millertime

Case Bender
Original poster
Nov 30, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm starting my first pc build ever and was instantly drawn into ITX/portable builds because I'm always moving. I was directed to this site by numerous people. For my build I'll be using:
CPU: Intel I7 9700K
Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i black
Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming
Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX
Storage: 1x 1TB Samsung 970 evo M.2 slot
GPU: Zotac gaming geforce RTX 2070 Super Mini 8GB GDDR6
Case: Skyreach 4 mini
Power:????

So I am clueless on how everyone is fitting their power box inside their builds but I figured I would takle that with some suggestions. I guess my question is, does everything look good to go for this build? Ready to start this process. Thank you so much in advance.

LiquidNexus

Case Bender
New User
Dec 1, 2019
I'm starting a build of my own very similar to this in the S4 Mini. It's also my first time building in the case, and I'm very excited. I'm aiming to make the build brickless with the HDPLEX 400 AC-DC and DC-DC combo. This video on a Brickless Zotac 2070 mini is handy. It's Josh, the case creator, going over the process of what mods are needed to make the build work. Everything looked good from my perspective, but I'm still a relative novice PC builder. Here is a parts list for what Josh recommended as optimal for the build, very similar to yours and what I'll be using. I hope this helps.

Millertime

Case Bender
Original poster
Nov 30, 2019
I'm starting a build of my own very similar to this in the S4 Mini. It's also my first time building in the case, and I'm very excited. I'm aiming to make the build brickless with the HDPLEX 400 AC-DC and DC-DC combo. This video on a Brickless Zotac 2070 mini is handy. It's Josh, the case creator, going over the process of what mods are needed to make the build work. Everything looked good from my perspective, but I'm still a relative novice PC builder. Here is a parts list for what Josh recommended as optimal for the build, very similar to yours and what I'll be using. I hope this helps.

This works perfectly! Thank you. Hoping the 2070 super mini will work the same.

Haulien

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2016

The 2070 Super won't work the same way. The PCB on the 2070S is just too tall compared to the other cards. Doing it the way Josh did, you're limited to a 2060/2060S/2070-nonS

If you want to fit the 2070 Super in brickless, you'll need a custom IO bracket which shifts it down by 12mm or so, similar to a 1080 Ti build.

ophello

Efficiency Noob
May 5, 2020
The 2070 Super won't work the same way. The PCB on the 2070S is just too tall compared to the other cards. Doing it the way Josh did, you're limited to a 2060/2060S/2070-nonS

If you want to fit the 2070 Super in brickless, you'll need a custom IO bracket which shifts it down by 12mm or so, similar to a 1080 Ti build.

I'm late to this party...but I hope someone can help me.

Eager to build my own brickless S4M with a Zotac 2070 Super mini: Where can you get this custom IO bracket? Does someone actually make them? Are there some specs for how to fabricate one?