Few questions about In Win Chopin

Invaasio

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Dec 3, 2019
Hello all.

I currently have fujitsu D3434-S12 motherboard that has bit different placement for 24pin, will chopin cables reach there?

Second, will Alphenfohn Black ridge fit inside?

Kinda went ahead on black friday and ordered these without thinking..

Thanks for any help

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Looking at my Chopin just now, the 24-pin mobo connector looks like it will reach there. The connector on my ASUS B450 Strix is on the bottom right corner of your picture where the heatsink and M.2 slot is, and there is about 4-6 inches of extra harness that I've tucked away between the case and the PSU.

As for the Black Ridge, I believe it should fit within the extra space of the mesh side panel. I'm using a L9i which is 37mm, and my Vengeance Pro RGB ram sticks out 10mm past the fan of the L9i which means the 47mm Black Ridge should put it at the same level as my RAM. With the side panel off, you can see the RAM extends beyond the case. But the side panel somewhat protrudes out so my RAM has about 1mm of clearance to the mesh panel.

Should be good by my estimations...

Reactions: Invaasio

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Here's some pics that I took just now to show what I was explaining:
(you can see pictures of the side panel on and off in this post)

I didn't want to undo all of my cabling as the Molex and SATA power cables are tucked away on the other side of the case and cable tied down. But there is some extra length harness that I think could make it... If it doesn't fit, you could probably find an extension harness...

Invaasio

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Dec 3, 2019
Here's some pics that I took just now to show what I was explaining:
(you can see pictures of the side panel on and off in this post)

I didn't want to undo all of my cabling as the Molex and SATA power cables are tucked away on the other side of the case and cable tied down. But there is some extra length harness that I think could make it... If it doesn't fit, you could probably find an extension harness...

Thanks a lot, very good info! Cabling might actually work! But I just read chopin product page and there reads that max height from cpu is 43mm.. I assume it means mesh as side panel? What a pity, cooler was cheap only 20€

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Thanks a lot, very good info! Cabling might actually work! But I just read chopin product page and there reads that max height from cpu is 43mm.. I assume it means mesh as side panel? What a pity, cooler was cheap only 20€

No, I think 43mm is the max if the side mesh panel was flat... But since the side panel protrudes outward, you gain an extra 6-7mm.

However, now that I look at it again, the orientation of the Black Ridge on your mobo be 90 degree CW. Height is not the issue now (call this Z-axis), but it looks like fitting the cooler within the mesh panel would be problematic (X-Y plane). Then again, since you're using Intel CPU, the cooler can have 2 orientations due to the square mounting, but I'm less confident now about the cooler fitting within the confines of the side mesh panel.

You can see more pictures at the following link:
http://glob3trotters.com/portfolio/alpenfohn-black-ridge-best-low-profile-air-cooler/

That's the same mobo that I have, but if that were to go in the Chopin, I think there would be some interference (wouldn't be able to slide the side panel into place as it would hit the heatsink).

You might have some hope... But if it doesn't work out, maybe move to another case or you can sell it off to me as I could use it in my Velka 5 build ;).

Good luck!

Invaasio

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Dec 3, 2019
No, I think 43mm is the max if the side mesh panel was flat... But since the side panel protrudes outward, you gain an extra 6-7mm.

However, now that I look at it again, the orientation of the Black Ridge on your mobo be 90 degree CW. Height is not the issue now (call this Z-axis), but it looks like fitting the cooler within the mesh panel would be problematic (X-Y plane). Then again, since you're using Intel CPU, the cooler can have 2 orientations due to the square mounting, but I'm less confident now about the cooler fitting within the confines of the side mesh panel.

You can see more pictures at the following link:
http://glob3trotters.com/portfolio/alpenfohn-black-ridge-best-low-profile-air-cooler/

That's the same mobo that I have, but if that were to go in the Chopin, I think there would be some interference (wouldn't be able to slide the side panel into place as it would hit the heatsink).

You might have some hope... But if it doesn't work out, maybe move to another case or you can sell it off to me as I could use it in my Velka 5 build ;).

Good luck!
I ended up changing black ridge to noctua l9i. Not taking a chance that it won't fit and then hammer it in place.. I am using delided celeron g3900 (using this set as firewall so no need more than this) so the difference is likely neglible. Now waiting motherboard from rma to finish up the build.. 24pin had no problem to reach that corner!

Thanks for your very usefull posts! ?