Favorite desktop wallpapers?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time finding the perfect wallpaper for my computer, only to stick with it for months until I feel ready for a change. But because of my pickiness, getting my hands on really good ones is always a chore :oops:

I'm currently rotating through a series of really well-done low-poly landscapes by Tim Reynolds. My current wallpaper (in this screenshot, on my laptop) is this:

Anyway, what do you all have on deck? I'm curious :D (And want more cool wallpapers, of course)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time finding the perfect wallpaper for my computer, only to stick with it for months until I feel ready for a change.
I used to be like that, now I'm the exact opposite. I get wallpapers from http://www.interfacelift.com/, mainly the city skylines and well-photographed wonders of nature. Those 270 pictures (up to now) cycle every 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek Everything

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I used to be like that, now I'm the exact opposite.
I used to have a whole bunch of carefully selected wallpapers in rotation but now, even with dual monitors, I never see the desktop. As soon as I login I immediately open the web browsers and other programs and they stay open until I shut the machine down.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I also don't see my desktop that often or just a part of it. Mostly webbrowser, TV show or movie or gaming.

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I've recently gone back to triple screen setup(5760*1200), so I'm running these 2 (daily switch)

I used to be like that, now I'm the exact opposite. I get wallpapers from http://www.interfacelift.com/, mainly the city skylines and well-photographed wonders of nature. Those 270 pictures (up to now) cycle every 30 minutes.

I see u are using Rainmeter, correct? I love the UI you have running, care to share?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes indeed, it's mainly "Enigma" which I slightly customized. I believe it's a standard skin included with the default setup.
I edited in the HDD stuff from another skin "HDDstatus", which I modified to fit in with the design.

The bar on the right is AIDA64's SensorPanel. The bar behind it isn't blurry like the Enigma Sidebar but I've added a transparant blur sidebar behind that one to also make it blurry.

Last edited:

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I never see the desktop itself, but have the same synced folder full of images set to rotate for both the wallpaper and the lockscreen slideshow for my desktop & laptop.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You made those yourself ? Nice ! They have a nice ambience to them.

Klyaaleksej

What's an ITX?
Nov 4, 2015
I'm the sort of person who spends a lot of time finding the perfect wallpaper for my computer, only to stick with it for months until I feel ready for a change. But because of my pickiness, getting my hands on really good ones is always a chore :oops:

I'm currently rotating through a series of really well-done low-poly landscapes by Tim Reynolds. My current wallpaper (in this screenshot, on my laptop) is this:

Anyway, what do you all have on deck? I'm curious :D (And want more cool wallpapers, of course)
Nice picture. But it is not true. This animation. I prefer natural, like this:

[Removed due to possible spam]

Last edited by a moderator:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Decided it was time for a change (the Noctua one above has graced my desktop for over a month)