Log fan config

Bradach

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 16, 2019
I am currently building my new pc and I had a question about what my fans should be doing.

I was watching optimum tech and I know he said for best results on the AIO for you to go with a pull config. His video of the NCase m1 is pretty much the same as my build. In the video he says he puts 2 intake fans at the bottom to bring cool air in.

If both of these are true, is it bad to have all 4 fans intaking air?

Side question, I bought 4 nf-a12x25 from Noctua and am using the impact viii dtx board. My fans dont fit and hit the supremefx module. I only got it to fit be removing the anti vibration pad in the corner. Just curious why.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think Optimum Tech has done more than 1 video for the M1 and so maybe we are talking about different ones.

But, anyway, IIRC, when he was using 2 intake fans for a pull config on the inside for the 240 AIO, he was using an Accelero aftermarket cooler on the GPU (and thus, the 2 bottom case fans were set up as exhaust).

However, when he was having 2 bottom case fans as intake, he was using a reference card. (and perhaps using an aircooler?)

I do not think he ever used the 2 bottom case fans and 2 AIO fans all as intake. In general, this could be a bad idea but it is hard to say for sure because everyone's hardware is different and the only sure way to know is to test it out with your own hardware setup.