Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

The6A

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2017
Air goes from bottom grill through case and push out by top rad fans.
On all renders air goes from rads, not to rads.

I remember someone on this site once explaining that if you have air comming from one rad moving into another, the heat dissipation if the second rad is significantly worse because it’s starting from a higher temp. If you have 2 rads both should either get there own air supply. I am not sure if this theory holds up on tests, but it makes sense.

Reactions: diceboii13

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I remember someone on this site once explaining that if you have air comming from one rad moving into another, the heat dissipation if the second rad is significantly worse because it’s starting from a higher temp. If you have 2 rads both should either get there own air supply. I am not sure if this theory holds up on tests, but it makes sense.

I know that held true for me. I previously had a mid tower case with top mounted 240mm and rear mounted 120mm radiators both set as exhaust with front intake, I thought I could get better cooling by replacing the rear radiator with a front mounted 240mm radiator. My temps went up a few degrees with this setup.

What I would actually like to see with this case is ventilated side panels and that way you could run top and bottom radiators in exhaust, although I know a lot of people will want the glass side panels to show off their builds.

Reactions: diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I know that held true for me. I previously had a mid tower case with top mounted 240mm and rear mounted 120mm radiators both set as exhaust with front intake, I thought I could get better cooling by replacing the rear radiator with a front mounted 240mm radiator. My temps went up a few degrees with this setup.

What I would actually like to see with this case is ventilated side panels and that way you could run top and bottom radiators in exhaust, although I know a lot of people will want the glass side panels to show off their builds.
Its true, ventilated sidepanels will be an option too. How about ventilated acrylic?

Reactions: bricemx and rfarmer

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Ahh, its hard to tell, as it gives extra thickness, and different dimensions to the pump. I can imagine it for custom orders. Like you tell me what pump mod you need, I order it, mesure it, and make a custom cap for it. There is no other way o_O

Reactions: bricemx

TheBigG

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
I actually would prefer to have something simple to buy before all that custom stuff get done. Dual slot for the GPU, 2*280 rads and a distroplate with pump and a flow indicator. That's all I need. With all this change requests, I fear that it goes the same route like the Dan c4 and there will be nothing beside one prototype till 2022.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I actually would prefer to have something simple to buy before all that custom stuff get done. Dual slot for the GPU, 2*280 rads and a distroplate with pump and a flow indicator. That's all I need. With all this change requests, I fear that it goes the same route like the Dan c4 and there will be nothing beside one prototype till 2022.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
I listed all the features, what you guys asked, and I try everything. Right now I just finished modelling the inner parts from 0.9mm steel. I make the radiator mounts more "ventilated" for 280 rads. The next thing is try the 3 slot gpu. I will post some pictures soon.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Hi guys, I've been working on the case in the last weeks, and got some stuffs for you!

- PSU now can be flipped, and move up/down 12,35mm depends on the need (better cable management etc.)

- Designed the backplate for 3 and 2 slot GPUs. It will be a choice at the buy, because its 2 seperate panes. It cant be done with one. The motherboard is moveable to match the cutouts at the back.

- Added mounting holes for the SSD behind the PSU. Its unfortunatelly for one 2,5 drive. It has a space for a second one, if its in horizontal orientation, but there is no space for the SATA, and power cables. If I find a solution, I will try to put a 2nd mount, but will be almost impossible.

- Make the MOBO cutout as big as it possible without make the middle plate week. Also the stadoff screws will be replaceable, so if any thick M2 heatsink needed, its good to go.

- Added plus holes for the Radiator mounting, for better airflow, when a 280 rad installed (its wider).

The vented front and sidepanels are not ready, but they will be soon.
And its fron the 0,9 steel. I forgot to add the fixed holes for the top/bottom panels.