Stalled DICE CASES - FLOW : expandable SFF case for watercooling enthusiast (built in distroplate)

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Thanks, I guess I'm just confused at the 65mm number, since I don't see how its' much better than 56 (which allows 30mm+25mm fans), unless there's some radiator thickness difference I'm not thinking of.

I did some checking and XSPC's EX280 radiator is 36mm thick radiator that's well regarded, but even that plus fans only requires 61.
Thanks, I guess I'm just confused at the 65mm number, since I don't see how its' much better than 56 (which allows 30mm+25mm fans), unless there's some radiator thickness difference I'm not thinking of.

I did some checking and XSPC's EX280 radiator is 36mm thick radiator that's well regarded, but even that plus fans only requires 61.
There is the EKWB PE Line thats 38mm+25mm which is 63mm and some AIOs thats that thick, so thats the reason behind it. As I remember alphacool also has a thicker radiator, but I will make a list about it :)

Reactions: bricemx and D10S

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Last edited:

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
EKWB doesn't have 38mm rads at all. Now only most 28 or 45. One 38mm model, and it is trash.
So, expand to 65 not useful.

No 40mm rads. 45, 54 and more.

Vote for expands to 25mm, 55-57mm and 70-72mm. Or 25/55-57 only, because there is 70, 80 is near for push/pull.
I think two 30mm 280 rads more then enough for itx.

EK-CoolStream PE 240
Dimensions: 280 x 130 x 38mm (L x W x H)
And its a nice rad.

Anyway I think 71mm is reachable so 45mm 280 rads with 25mm fans are welcome.

Reactions: bricemx

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Maybe it is just me but I can't see the point to this case unless you are doing a full water cooled build and then it is brilliant. So I can't really see the need for 3 slot GPU support.

Also wanted to say that everything looks incredible so far and great job bringing it about so quickly.

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Maybe it is just me but I can't see the point to this case unless you are doing a full water cooled build and then it is brilliant. So I can't really see the need for 3 slot GPU support.

Also wanted to say that everything looks incredible so far and great job bringing it about so quickly.
Thanks so much! I got your point, I just want to creat an almost no compromise itx case. Thats why I make it air cooled compatable, to wider the market for it.

Reactions: bricemx and rfarmer

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
I look at waterplate and think it must have 2 inlet ports at top from case side. Because it offer more easy way to connect top rad with it. Removes 2-3 tube angles in loop.

Last edited:

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Re: 3 Slot GPU support - I think the priority should go to what maximizes compatibility in its target use case - that being custom loops.

Since most CPU blocks are relatively narrow and would likely fall into the 60mm or less area (especially since there's no requirement for a Pump combo) I would say that allowing for triple slot GPU's is the best solution.

I see potential - especially with 2 thick 280mm radiators - for an SLI machine running 2 high end cards with single slot waterblocks.
Can you imagine running 2 fully watercooled 2080 ti SUPER GPU's and a watercooled Ryzen 3950X CPU all fully overclocked with 2 x 280mm rads?

Obviously you don't need triple slot of that, but most NVLink bridges are designed for 2 slots between cards so triple slot maximizes compatibility.

Reactions: D10S and diceboii13

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com
Re: 3 Slot GPU support - I think the priority should go to what maximizes compatibility in its target use case - that being custom loops.

Since most CPU blocks are relatively narrow and would likely fall into the 60mm or less area (especially since there's no requirement for a Pump combo) I would say that allowing for triple slot GPU's is the best solution.

I see potential - especially with 2 thick 280mm radiators - for an SLI machine running 2 high end cards with single slot waterblocks.
Can you imagine running 2 fully watercooled 2080 ti SUPER GPU's and a watercooled Ryzen 3950X CPU all fully overclocked with 2 x 280mm rads?

Obviously you don't need triple slot of that, but most NVLink bridges are designed for 2 slots between cards so triple slot maximizes compatibility.
True, and its also help with the tubes. The best solution, is to make the middle plate moveable. And as I see its possible. Im really busy in these weeks but if I have a bit of a time, I gonna fix the case, and add all of these solutions.