Image Credit: EVGA –

Well, they were….
EVGA is clearly sitting on a stockpile of nearly unsalable RTX 3090Ti GPUs and wants them gone. Can’t imagine why…
Regardless, they are the first GPU maker to start dumping stock with the 3090Ti and probably not the last. Rumors persist that Nvidia over produced these expensive GPUs, and are now sitting on massive stock piles of what will be quickly obsolete silicon. Obsolete? We’re only a few months away from the newest GPU cycle beginning. Nvidia has over-ordered production for the next-gen, and FABs aren’t letting them out of it. AMD is breathing down...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Well, 'overproduced', only because of the sudden and dramatic collapse of the crypto-assets markets.

As much as I might like a new GPU...I am not a halo-product buyer. In part because of cost, in part because of PSU requirements.

Reactions: BaK

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, 'overproduced', only because of the sudden and dramatic collapse of the crypto-assets markets.

As much as I might like a new GPU...I am not a halo-product buyer. In part because of cost, in part because of PSU requirements.

I'm not sure exactly what they were thinking. They aren't stupid. They had to have known it was a bubble. Even if it wasn't Etherium GPU mining was on the bitter edge of dying. It's a horrible long-term growth strategy.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Shareholders don't care about bubbles as long as they are out by the end of it. This is Nvidia dealing with the backswing of the pendulum. It's not like this hasn't happened before, but they're getting good at "seasonal" pricing.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Shareholders don't care about bubbles as long as they are out by the end of it. This is Nvidia dealing with the backswing of the pendulum. It's not like this hasn't happened before, but they're getting good at "seasonal" pricing.

Oof. Did you see their quarterly report?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes but those previous numbers were also severely inflated. Which is obvious with the YoY numbers.
We also don't know everything like commercial deals towards manufacturers (rebates or price drops for OEMs and IAB manufacturers) or "stock clearance". In the end they still came out ahead of last year slightly, they just didn't make a lot of revenue on the consumer graphics cards this quarter.