Stalled [New Video Assembly] Densium 4 & 4+ - Tiny cases with real hardwood frontpanel!

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
You can, with the power supply off, just snip the sata-cables and put a shrink tube cap on each of the sata-cable ends. Less cables to worry about :-)
Yes, Or desolder the part of the loom you don't want for a clean finish.

Happily provide stripped down loom this way at no extra cost on 600W Enhance ENP-7660B. 3yr warranty would remain.

If shortened ATX 24pin / CPU / PCI-E looms are needed as well that would be an additional cost due to time in unpinning, cutting, stripping and recrimping.

Either way we've over 10 years experiance doing this on over 3,000 Flex ATX PSU's.

Reactions: Densium.net

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
Love the idea, but honestly, if it is cheaper than the velka 3, I'll take your entire stock. I love the idea of the wooden front panel. Maybe you could make it so that you could design a custom front panel and swap it out(such as let's say I want to CNC one which offers more airflow for the case)
So, taking the entire stock then are you? My order is already in. Cooler plus case at this price, it's like a Norwegian Santa Claus is sharing the christmas spirit! :-)

Last edited:

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Looking forward to seeing it in the hands of people soon, as it ramps up to production with my order in as well!

Edit: Anyways, just to confirm, GPU length compatibility is now at 180mm long? As it’s still stated as 175mm in the first post.

Last edited:

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Looking forward to seeing it in the hands of people soon, as it ramps up to production with my order in as well!

Edit: Anyways, just to confirm, GPU length compatibility is now at 180mm long? As it’s still stated as 175mm in the first post.
Hey man, thanks for your order!

Yes the lenght inside the case is 181mm +/- tolerances!

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I ordered one as well. Neat design, and I always wanted a wood front case.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
I ordered the white with rosewood. I found this power supply that I would like to use with J-Hack's M2426 to lessen the cable clutter.
Has anyone done business with this Taiwanese company?

Enhance Custom Flex ATX Modular PSU L-Type (90 degrees) – GEEEK CASE (geeekstore.com)
Geeek is a highly regarded company. But unfortunately their modular PSU’s will not fit in the Densium 4, due to the added lenght. If you need the modularity, you should opt for a FSP Flexguru 500W!

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I ordered the white with rosewood. I found this power supply that I would like to use with J-Hack's M2426 to lessen the cable clutter.
Has anyone done business with this Taiwanese company?

Enhance Custom Flex ATX Modular PSU L-Type (90 degrees) – GEEEK CASE (geeekstore.com)
There's a thread in the hardware section of a guy that built a k39 with a geeeek modular flex psu. Unfortunatly, it seems like they did not take as much care as you'd expect with the extra cables they needed to remove to make it modular. Overtek stated they desolder the extra wires in their custom enhance psu solutions, which is the way to go. It seems geeeek just snips the unused cables off inside the housing and leaves them like that, copper exposed. (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/build-review-k39-geeek-600w-modular-psu-enp-7660b.12384/)

Reactions: Densium.net

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Geeek is a highly regarded company. But unfortunately their modular PSU’s will not fit in the Densium 4, due to the added lenght. If you need the modularity, you should opt for a FSP Flexguru 500W!
Thank you for your quick response. The model I linked shows a depth of 170mm, that includes the ATX connector. The Flex Guru is shorter, but I want to eliminate all the unneeded wiring. My desire is to reduce the 30 wires down to 6 wires with the M2426. I have 2 computers that have been running flawlessly on the M2426.
J-HACK M2426 - Hybrid DC-ATX 24 Pin Adapter (j-hackcompany.com)
My alternative is to use a custom modified supply by Overtek at 150mm. I am uncertain of the wiring length needed, but can make a reasonable guess.
600W Flex ATX 1U Platinum power supply Enhance ENP-7660B – Overtek

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
There's a thread in the hardware section of a guy that built a k39 with a geeeek modular flex psu. Unfortunatly, it seems like they did not take as much care as you'd expect with the extra cables they needed to remove to make it modular. Overtek stated they desolder the extra wires in their custom enhance psu solutions, which is the way to go. It seems geeeek just snips the unused cables off inside the housing and leaves them like that, copper exposed. (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/build-review-k39-geeek-600w-modular-psu-enp-7660b.12384/)
Thank you for the heads up ! I guess I shall steer clear of this one.

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
Thank you for your quick response. The model I linked shows a depth of 170mm, that includes the ATX connector. The Flex Guru is shorter, but I want to eliminate all the unneeded wiring. My desire is to reduce the 30 wires down to 6 wires with the M2426. I have 2 computers that have been running flawlessly on the M2426.
J-HACK M2426 - Hybrid DC-ATX 24 Pin Adapter (j-hackcompany.com)
My alternative is to use a custom modified supply by Overtek at 150mm. I am uncertain of the wiring length needed, but can make a reasonable guess.
600W Flex ATX 1U Platinum power supply Enhance ENP-7660B – Overtek

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !
Just realized i meant the 300w flexguru. 300w could be enough, depending on your hardware.

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
Just realized i meant the 300w flexguru. 300w could be enough, depending on your hardware.
I ordered a couple of days ago. I ordered the walnut with satin white. I think it should make for a nice contrast. A couple of weird questions :

- Is the wood front "real wood" or "engineered wood"? Not that it matters much as I'm sure it will look great. Just curious.
- If "real wood" will the pattern of the grain look different than what shown on the Densium website? That looks nice.

Thanks - looking forward to receiving the case & thanks for the great deal.

Also, I ordered the PCIe Riser. Assuming it's only x3 speed & not x4?

Last edited:

Densium.net

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 28, 2021
- Is the wood front "real wood" or "engineered wood"? Not that it matters much as I'm sure it will look great. Just curious.
- If "real wood" will the pattern of the grain look different than what shown on the Densium website? That looks nice.

Thanks - looking forward to receiving the case & thanks for the great deal.

Also, I ordered the PCIe Riser. Assuming it's only x3 speed & not x4?

Hello,

Yes, it is indeed real wood! Yes, the grain will be different for all units! We did not cherry-pick the grain for our prototype, so it’s representative of what you’re getting :)

Our current risers are Gen3, but we’ll get ahold of some Gen4 in the future.

Have a nice day!
Audun

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Check out the December 25th update on the thread guys, good news!
Hello Audun,

That is indeed great news ! I am looking forward to building in this beautiful case. Time for me to gather all the needed components. Do you have any recommendations for wiring lengths ? The wires that come with the power supplies can take up a lot of space blocking airflow. Thank you!

Hugo

Reactions: Overtek