- Sep 24, 2018
Enter Mini - Custom Handmade Modular Cables, designed for SFF & ITX
Hi to all, I'm here to show you our new special cables specifically made for ultra-compact systems.
We have been doing custom handmade cables for years, but mostly sleeved cables. This is one of our new ventures and we hope you'll love them as much as we do
Current Main Features:
- Made to be as thin as possible - without any compromise in performance, safety, or aesthetics.
- The electrical wire is insulated in super-thin, transparent FEP. The copper measures 1.0mm^2 / AWG17, while the whole wire has a diameter of barely over 1mm.
- The wire is see-through, with silver-plated copper inside.
- Made to measure – range from 5cm to 60cm, with 1cm steps.
- Can be made for every power supply – from the SF600 and the HDPlex to any other you can think of
- Handmade in Italy upon order with high quality materials only
Status of the Project:
- In production & limited numbers available for purchase
- E-commerce with custom configurator is in deveopment
- Measurement templates for popular SFF cases are in development
- 90°/180° connectors and adapters are in development
- Custom cable combs are in consideration
- Other colors (glossy black & milky white) are in consideration
They’re basically plain electrical cables with no sleeving, but with quite a special wire.
They are rather unique looking, and fit very well both classy grayscale and full-on RGB systems.
The insulation of the wire is transparent, and the underlying copper is silver-plated.
All of this makes them super shiny and creates a lot of fancy reflections and refractions when you give them some light around.
In the pictures above you can see a comparison with the MDPC-X AWG17 transparent, tin-plated wire.
The copper measures 1mm^2, around AWG17. But the wire itself measures a tad more than 1mm in diameter – there’s barely any insulation.
And yet they’re even safer than standard PC cables, because the insulating material (FEP) is ridiculously tough. It can even take direct flames like it was nothing.
They are also extremely malleable. You can give them a 90° bend and they’ll hold it.
This is a comparison of size with high quality handcrafted sleeved cables (4mm diameter).
This was the first prototype in a standard ATX system, before we figured they were perfect for ITX.
We personally handcraft these cables per customer’s request, and we can tailor them to the centimeter (range is between 5cm and 60cm).
Current pricing is:
- 65€ for a 24-pin cable
- 25€ for a CPU or GPU cable
- 20€ for a SATA Power cable
- 15€ for a Molex 4-pin cable
As we are still building up inventory and tweaking our organization, production time can take up to 2 weeks + shipping