Enhance ENP-7660B / FX600 fan controller bypass mod.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Honestly if you know the right end of a soldering iron to hold and are awake enough to open a psu up without being tempted to touch all the juicy bits, especially that tasty primary cap then this really is a very easy mod

Simply put it bypasses the fan controller so you always have 12Vdc at the fan header.

Don't attempt if your tired, as that's when I usually accidentally wake myself up. Very energizing, but I'm fairly adjusted to them. That said any work I do on the 2000W PSU I am some what very careful and tentative as the primary caps get close to the point of potential no return values.

Anyway have fun, be careful, and maybe have someone with you just in case!

Last edited:
Reactions: eedev

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Thanks @Otamot - appreciate you making this stuff available for DIYers!

Don't attempt if your tired, as that's when I usually accidentally wake myself up. Very energizing, but I'm fairly adjusted.to them.
And noone would ever know except for the occasional twitch! I remember giving myself a 400V wakeup once, back in my invincible teen years, thankfully I got a touch smarter since then ;)

::EDIT:: Although now I think about it, all the previous mods I'd been relatively cautious and discharged any caps prior to modding, I think the only shock I got was when I thought I'd YOLO fan-mod while the PC was running [dear readers: do NOT do this]. The jolt through my arm that was holding the PSU meant that my naked-on-the-bench PC made an "unscheduled arrival" at the other side of the bedroom posthaste as every muscle simultaneously tensed. Ahhh, wouldn't repeat that again if I could avoid it lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Overtek