Editing topic hides the entire topic

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
... Yes, because we are all volunteer and aren't 24/7 in front off the approval list ...

Sorry for highjacking this thread. Does it mean that if I edit the #1 post in my own thread it gets hidden until the edit is approved by the mods?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Sorry for highjacking this thread. Does it mean that if I edit the #1 post in my own thread it gets hidden until the edit is approved by the mods?
Not automatically, no. This only happens in a few situations like the spam detection triggering or an edit after a moderator made an edit.

Reactions: morj

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Not automatically, no. This only happens in a few situations like the spam detection triggering or an edit after a moderator made an edit.

So I have edited the #1 post in my own thread with my 3D printed case and now it's hidden. This is very disappointing, because nobody can see it and I can't revert my edits to make it visible, so I am at the mercy of moderators.

Why isn't it possible to display the old version of the post before mod approval instead of hiding it completely?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
You mean this topic ? You changed the topic 4 times in a few minutes, that most likely has triggered something. You'll need to ask @PlayfulPhoenix for details as I don't manage the website or it's settings, I merely moderate comments and topics.

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
You mean this topic ? You changed the topic 4 times in a few minutes, that most likely has triggered something. You'll need to ask @PlayfulPhoenix for details as I don't manage the website or it's settings, I merely moderate comments and topics.

Yep, I expected that several minor edits during short period of time would be considered as one edit. Not making this mistake again :)