Power Supply Enermax Revolution SFX 550W and 650W

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I'll start this thread off with a review of the 550W :)

The SFX power supply market must be growing, because it seems like every few months now there are companies announcing new PSUs aimed at SFF enthusiasts. It was late last year that Enermax announced their Revolution SFX series, and today we're now looking at the Revolution SFX 550W. While Enermax is no stranger to power supplies - and has even sold SFX units in the past - this is their first one aimed at the compact gaming rigs that have become significantly more prevalent nowadays.

At a high level, the Revolution SFX 550W features fully modular cables, Gold-rated efficiency, all-Japanese capacitors, and is a 550W unit (as you might have guessed). There is also a 650W version that is part of the same series. But there's a lot more going on here, and the underlying performance and noise characteristics are to be seen.

Read more here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
So close yet..

Has anyone released a unit that trades blows with the Corsair SF models? They seem to be the top dog right now.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
Nice review as always. I really liked the gif showing the unboxing.
The noise is quite unfortunate. :c

This picture made me scroll back over. It made me think that an SSD also came as limited offer prize. lol

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Has anyone released a unit that trades blows with the Corsair SF models?

The SilverStone SX500-G and SX650-G could since they also have 92mm fans, but they're not out yet. As for what's currently available, there isn't anything I've seen in SFX that really competes with the SF-series.

Reactions: TheHig

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Regretably the cooling implementation leaves a lot to be desired or else this would have been a very good competitor in the SFF market ! Here's hoping there will be a V2 which addresses the issues ! Excellent review yet again !

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Oh yeah, forgot to post it here. The website is in the process of being updated and the manual/spec page didn't say, but the Enermax rep clarified that the warranty on this is 5-years and not 3.

Reactions: Phuncz