CPU Dynatron Q1 passive cooler

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
Hi all,

Is there anyone who tried Dynatron Q1, to passively cool CPU in SFF case, lets say DAN A4?

CPUs like i5 10400F/11400f/12400F or maybe 10600/11600/12600

I am interested how it behaves in gaming scenarios in small space

Thank you

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
You'll still need chassis airflow. Passive heatsink doesn't mean zero airflow. I tried a 35W i7-4785T with an NH-C14 and zero fan in a heavily meshed chassis ... and it was not good.

There's only a space for a slim fan under the motherboard in the Dan A4. Maybe it "could" work with solid panel to channel the air and force it through the fins, but the air will escape through the side panels mesh there. Or maybe build/3D print a fan duct of some sort to channel the fan air through the fins.

Mitohondri

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 14, 2021
I used Dan4 as example, i was just curious if this passive cooler can keep the cpu under control, since its designed for 125W.

I am heavy invested in most silent pc i can build, that is still capable of good gaming performance, so all my PCs, are tweaked to give most possible FPS in gaming , while keeping the system around 33-35db max

I use NHL9i, with 10400f 65W in Dan4 with 2x92mm Noctuas on bottom as exhaust, I also have NHL9a in NR200P with 5800X @ 65W, and I have another machine with 240mm water cooled 5800X in NR200P, and one more machine with 10400f with NH-C14S, and I have few more coolers around the house

Yes I am sick with coolers, and I stumbled upon Dynatron few days ago, but could not find any benchmark for the performance of it, so was just asking if anyone used it in any shape or form, since it looks interesting to me.

I do agree on air flow, and was thinking of building new machine in Meshalicious, with passive cooling, have few ideas for passive GPU also, i got the passive seasonic psu, and then leave the hot air leaving the case to physics.

if it would be too hot, then put 1 140mm @400rmp to help push the air, if that would not work, then mod the gpu with 2x A12x25, like I did for DanA4

Its just idea I am working on at the moment.

Thank you for reply

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
You either need very low power parts or a LOT of surface area and widely-spaced fins for a truly fanless build. Check out MonsterLabo for what that looks like. 1U heatsinks like the Dynatron are designed to work with high CFM fans in a 1U rackmount case. If you take a look at the datasheet it has a thermal resistance graph which gives you some idea of its performance if you know how to read it. The takeaway though is that you need some forced airflow through the fins for it to have a chance of cooling the CPU effectively.