Dual 8 pin PCIe connectors from Dynamo 360 + mini 160?

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Hi!

The only thing holding me back from buying the HDPLEX 400w HiFi DC-ATX or the combo named above is that I have an Asus gtx 1080 strix. With dual 160w AC-DC bricks from HDPLEX, I'll have enough power to run it, but with the HDPLEX 400w, I'll only have one PCIe 8 pin connector, and that just isn't enough for my card.

My question is then, since (if I choose to get this) I'll be buying both the dynamo 360 and mini 160, and they're both standalone units, won't they in combination with each other be able to provide plenty of juice AND have two 8 pin PCIe connectors?

Thanks!

Reactions: ZeppeZ

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Matias,

The Dynamo 360/160 Combo will easily supply power for your setup provided you have an AC-DC supply to match.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah. Technically the combo can actually supply 3 x 8 pin PCIe, but I would recommend powering both from the Dynamo 360 for best results and simply using the 24 pin and 8 pin EPS connections from the Dynamo Mini. You can power SATA from either device as you choose.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Yeah. Technically the combo can actually supply 3 x 8 pin PCIe, but I would recommend powering both from the Dynamo 360 for best results and simply using the 24 pin and 8 pin EPS connections from the Dynamo Mini. You can power SATA from either device as you choose.

Thanks alot! Hope I'll be able to afford that lovely combo soon! ;) Have a nice day!