Completed DSX1 - DeskMini Series X Game Console Style Case - STX with internal PSU and GPU Support

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Reactions: JSItems

celestialz

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2021
I've put the samples on the Trade Section:

may i know where is the power on/off button? i dont see it anywhere..

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
At the back side, top right corner.

You can see it better from my earlier posts: I am re-using the original power button, power LED and HDD LED from the DeskMini.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have updated GPU size compatibility:

max. GPU height with angled power adapter: 130mm

max. GPU height without adapter: 120mm

If needed, I can ship a set of those adapters with the DSX1

chabliss

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 1, 2021
Hey, I was going through the deskmini's spec page on asrock's site and noticed that the included power adapter is listed as 120W/19V. But I guess the board handles 12v dc input fine? Or does the 19v refer to something else? Would bumping up the voltage on the psu (say, moving up to an rps-400-15v or 18v power supply) slightly increase the efficiency (speaking just in terms of the motherboard input -- i'm assuming it wouldn't be compatible with the gpu at all)? I don't know much about this stuff, sorry.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Hey, I was going through the deskmini's spec page on asrock's site and noticed that the included power adapter is listed as 120W/19V. But I guess the board handles 12v dc input fine? Or does the 19v refer to something else? Would bumping up the voltage on the psu (say, moving up to an rps-400-15v or 18v power supply) slightly increase the efficiency (speaking just in terms of the motherboard input -- i'm assuming it wouldn't be compatible with the gpu at all)? I don't know much about this stuff, sorry.

You are right. The DeskMini usually uses a 19VDC power adapter but it runs totally fine with 12VDC (also confirmed by other forum members).

Reason for going with 12V is that you only need one power supply to power both, the GPU and DeskMini. If you connect a higher voltage to the GPU you would fry it.

If you are more comfortable with 19VDC for the DeskMini you can still use the original power adapter and the RPS-400-12-C will just take over to supply 12V for your GPU.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Big thanks to REVOCCASES as I've got my two cases today! :) Its just a little unboxing, tho there will be more upcoming videos arround the DSX1 (and BIG1) as those new Cezanne APUs (5700G / 5600G) are already listed for retail soon and will bring nice IPC uplift for the GPU concept. Love the idea to transform the DeskMini to an perfect Gaming Console with one PSU inside! <3

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Okay guys, I've done finally a Buildlog Video inside the Revoccases DSX1! 💪

Awesome! Looking forward for a short performance and cooling review, maybe could squeeze it in on one of your Monday updates? :)

Just flip the fan to exhaust first... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GucksTV

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
If someone would like to check out the DSX1 after seeing the Build by GucksTV: I have one last B-Stock Prototype Case available.

After this one is gone, I need to adjust the price of the DSX1 because component and material cost have recently increase significantly.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I made a few minor changes and produced another small batch of DSX1 cases:

Pre-orders for the whole set incl. internal power supply and riser cable are now open again via my website.

PS: here is another video from @GucksTV featuring the new Ryzen 5600G running on the AsRock X300 STX in the DSX1:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have two DSX1 left on stock and decided to offer them without PSU and PCIe riser - only the case - without GPU support

Here some ideas how you could use the case to build a cool and quiet DeskMini rig:

1) hide away the power brick

2) drill four additional holes at the back of the case and flip the motherboard - this will allow you to use up to 100mm tall coolers

3) of course, if you like tinkering you can also try to add GPU support by yourself ...

Reactions: Curiosity