Enclosure Does this even exist?

LucasTheRed

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 30, 2016
The holy grail of cases for me would be an itx mobo, 280 mm radiator support for a custom loop with a dual slot graphics card, SFX PSU, and an ODD of any kind. Minimum one 2.5 in drive slot, audio/USB 3.0 front panel.

The real question: what is the smallest case I can get with all of this?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Well, there's listing off a bunch of parts, and then finding the optimal way of arranging them within as small a box as possible. Plus, what is and isn't acceptable for a "custom loop" varies substantially from person-to-person, so that's a bit of a contentious line to draw in the sand.

The NCASE M1 technically has all of that (and then some) but only goes up to a 240mm radiator on the side. Plus, your loop would have to have pretty much integrated everything, unless you used an external reservoir or some such thing.

Have you thought about how you'd want to do the layout of those things?

LucasTheRed

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 30, 2016
I was thinking pump/res/CPU block combo, due to size constraints, and then just going for a (fairly) simple cpu-gpu-rad loop.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I was thinking pump/res/CPU block combo, due to size constraints, and then just going for a (fairly) simple cpu-gpu-rad loop.

Yes, that's certainly how I'd do it. Some enthusiasts strongly dislike not having a discrete pump or reservoir, but the performance impact is negligible and you save a lot of space that way.

In any case, the 280mm radiator requirement is what's going to make that challenging - few regular-sized or even large cases can support that size, let alone SFF ones o_O But if you're just going with a CPU and one GPU, and you aren't overclocking, a good performing 240mm should work just fine.

If 280mm is a must, there might be some project case that can do this, but one isn't coming to mind. Does anyone else have a recommendation?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The Fractal Design Core 500 is the smallest case I can think of that has native 280mm rad support. Can't use the ODD and mount a rad at the same time, though.

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Good find @Necere! 20L isn't bad at all (relatively speaking), either, given it supports full ATX power supplies and everything on the list.

LucasTheRed

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 30, 2016
If you aren't overclocking, a good performing 240mm should work just fine
I was hoping to get a quiet build with a mild overclock in a sub 15L case. Am I asking for too much from the current market?

And I think a dual fan rad doesn't allow ODD on the Fractal 500...