Do you guys use the dust filters (V6.1)

slee

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2020
Hey y'all, just finished my ncase build. I did a pretty standard, "stock" build, if you will, no overclocking and using the wraith prism cooler that came with cpu and not using any case fans. Temps seemed pretty good when the case was "naked" with all the side panels off. Wondering what the consensus is in using the side bracket + dust filter and the bottom dust filter. With the amount of holes on the panels in general and with the side panels holes extending all the way down in v6 revision, seems kind of unnecessary to use them at all, especially if they will restrict air flow. Thanks.

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
I'll experiment a bit when my case arrives, but generally I prefer not to use dust filters. It really only takes a couple of minutes a week to de-dust an SFF build.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I don't use the filters. Didn't test for the cpu, but gpu got 5 degrees warmer with the filter in place. This meant fan speeds above 50% for my rx 5700xt while undervolted and custom fan curve. The gpu above 50-55% means loud audible fans on the strix, so I removed the filter.
There is some dust in the top panel holes and against the cables direct to the c14s and almost no dust at the gpu.
V6 build is 2 months old now with a hour of gaming a day on a desk, so not much dust altogether.

slee

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
New User
Jan 4, 2020
Hmm, 5 degrees is significant, I'm running a rx 580 which already gets toasty, looks like I won't be using the filters ?