CPU Deskmini X300 adapter to ATX PSU?

sl4sh3rl0v3r

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Feb 21, 2022
I am going to add an eGPU to the computer and I would like to know if there is any way to power the computer from an ATX PSU, since it is 850w and I have plenty for everything (RM850x), and I think it will be of higher quality than the original PSU 120W. Is there any way to adapt it?

Thanks!

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I am going to add an eGPU to the computer and I would like to know if there is any way to power the computer from an ATX PSU, since it is 850w and I have plenty for everything (RM850x), and I think it will be of higher quality than the original PSU 120W. Is there any way to adapt it?

Thanks!

Yes, It's possible but you need to adapt one of the ATX connectors (8pin EPS, or one of the 6pins) to a 5.5x2.5 DC barrel. I personally have not seen this being sold so I can't help with a product link. It might have to be a job that a custom wiring shop could do for you.

The other thing you'd have to do is short the ATX 24 pin with a "bridge" (literally, just a wire) to signal it to turn on. Because the Deskmini is not ATX and has no way to tell the PSU to power on.

Then you'll be manually turning your rig on and off with the PSU's "on/off" switch

Last edited: