GPU Deshroud/teardown of the rx6600 challenger itx?

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
Has anyone laid hands on the asrock challenger rx 6600xt itx card? And if so, have you deshrouded it / removed the cooler to check how it is built up? Would love to check it out, as it's the only amd itx card around.

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
I have the GPU, but I don't intend to tear it down anytime soon unfortunately.

For what it's worth, the performance of the cooler is pretty good, 3 copper heatpipes, metal backplate which has thermal pads connecting them to components.

What is lacking is the stock fan curve (or rather, lack thereof) as it the default fan curve is pretty non-existent, and it just emphasizes too much on silence. The default fan speed is of a maximum of 69% even when the card hits 90C. ASRock has gotten back to me previously and says that the fan curve is all planned out.

Interestingly, with CES 2022 and AMD annoucing the 6500 XT, MSI has annnouced their 6500 XT offerings, and it's only 172mm long with dual fans.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
I was wondering if the heatpipes come together in a heatspreader that contacts the die and other 'hot' components, or if the heatpipes are in direct contact with the die (saw the teardown of the powercolor fighter 6600xt on gamers nexus, has 3 heatpipes in direct contact, called it about the cheapest cooling solution they can get away with).

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Thrawling the interwebs of bilibili, I have found a teardown video of the RX 6600 XT ITX for you @Bakaban.

Enjoy! Although it is in Mandarin, the video and images should be enough for you to take a look!

Apprently, I was wrong, only 2 heatpipes.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Nov 13, 2020
Thrawling the interwebs of bilibili, I have found a teardown video of the RX 6600 XT ITX for you @Bakaban.

Enjoy! Although it is in Mandarin, the video and images should be enough for you to take a look!

Apprently, I was wrong, only 2 heatpipes.

I can't find my way around bilibili,, so thank you very very much!