Prebuilt Dell Optiplex 7010 And the quiet gtx 1050 ti

Ganjor86

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
Welcome. I wont to buy dell Optiplex 7010 with i5 3470 , 8gb DDR3 And upgrade this pc with some gtx 1050 ti. Whitch graphic will be the quietest and will fit to this pc? Graphic card must be quiet when I will watch movies or listen a music. I will remove 3,5" hard drive and replace this with 2,5" ssd.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
If you are using the slim SFF version, just pick up a 1050ti with no-spin mode. I think most of them it, at least it is advertised on the regular full sized models. You should email MSI and Zotac to confirm it.

When gaming, there's no way around it that the GPU is going to be very quiet with those fans. It seems Zotac has the best cooler for a 1050 ti low profile though.

Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
a cursory google search would suggest you will need to get an LP or Low Profile GPU

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Also none of the LP cards are really quiet compared to a regular/ITX sized 1050Ti

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
If you are using the slim SFF version, just pick up a 1050ti with no-spin mode. I think most of them it, at least it is advertised on the regular full sized models. You should email MSI and Zotac to confirm it.

When gaming, there's no way around it that the GPU is going to be very quiet with those fans. It seems Zotac has the best cooler for a 1050 ti low profile though.

Also, Gigabyte 1050ti mini seems to be the only one with 0rpm mode. MSI and Zotac mini both do not have it, neither does the offering from EVGA. Not sure of the other brands - there are larger models with it from all brands however.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Also, Gigabyte 1050ti mini seems to be the only one with 0rpm mode. MSI and Zotac mini both do not have it, neither does the offering from EVGA. Not sure of the other brands - there are larger models with it from all brands however.

Sometimes it is not advertise or was not part of the original feature. My EVGA 1060 at release did not come with the feature but was updated later to have it.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Sometimes it is not advertise or was not part of the original feature. My EVGA 1060 at release did not come with the feature but was updated later to have it.

Of course, I have seen that happen a number of times. It was actually advertised with the EVGA 1050ti Mini from release, but everyone realized it just did not have it. Rather than add it (when folks on the EVGA forum realized it wasn't there) EVGA simply removed it from the product description.

Safer to go with one that is confirmed to have it rather than buy and hope to have it added later, or flash with another BIOS. Either way, its a gamble.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Either way he needs a half height 1050Ti, not an ITX one for that case, so I don't think this drift is precisely relevant. From my understanding all of the LP/half height cards have been pretty loud.

Ganjor86

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
But when I will listening a music or watch a movies it shouldn't be really loud I think but when i will start playing then it will be really loud.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016