tasen

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 30, 2020
Someone once said:
"The AC-DC will not fit inside. "

Ok, hold my beer ?

Very tight but it fits. I know it's not really screwed on, just squeezed in
Sorry for the cable mess but I wanted to know if it still runs so I fired it up for a test run :)

Build:
- A4-SFX V4
- Inno3D RTX2070 with Noctua fans
- ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Gaming
- Ryzen 5 3600
- Enermax 120mm AIO (without top cover)
- HDPlex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX + 400W AC-DC

Ca11idus

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
www.heatware.com
This is some great stuff. I'm planning on doing the same thing. Only I don't want the hdplex combo to block all of my 120mm fan/aio. Will the HDPlex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX fit below the gpu without the bottom fan?

tasen

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 30, 2020
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

This is some great stuff. I'm planning on doing the same thing. Only I don't want the hdplex combo to block all of my 120mm fan/aio. Will the HDPlex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX fit below the gpu without the bottom fan?

Thanks all! :)

I don't know if it fits below the gpu. It looks the default cables are to short for this installation.

I'm struggling with the AIO tubes at the moment. Looks like my setup is very optimistic and super tight, maybe too tight for one tube:

Tried to get the AC-DC unit under the part of the case to get a few inches/millimeters more space for the tube, but it's still super tight.

Would I recommend this setup?
No. The price you have to pay is very high. Had to remove one of the feets of the case to fit the AC-DC unit as on the picture above. Also the case does not close with the DEMCiflex filter installed on the gpu side. Had to remove the filter :(
And as wrote already it's very, very tight, not really screwed on, just squizzed in.

SkulloMania

Case Bender
New User
Jun 24, 2020
Just curious. My new HD PLEX smelled like chemicals when I opened the box. After the install, when the system was running, the HD PLEX unit was giving off some super strong fumes. Has this happened to you at all? Just concerned for my health. Thank you.

tasen

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Apr 30, 2020
How hot is your hdplex units? The one with the fan was getting super hot so I opened it up and propped a 92mm fan on it.
Hmmmm, I don't know exactly, but the case is a bit hot even with the fan.

Just curious. My new HD PLEX smelled like chemicals when I opened the box. After the install, when the system was running, the HD PLEX unit was giving off some super strong fumes. Has this happened to you at all? Just concerned for my health. Thank you.
No smell or fume here.
Did you ask the hdplex support about this?

Reactions: SkulloMania

SkulloMania

Case Bender
New User
Jun 24, 2020
Hmmmm, I don't know exactly, but the case is a bit hot even with the fan.

No smell or fume here.
Did you ask the hdplex support about this?

Hey, thanks for responding! Hmm, okay I guess I should contact HDPlex support. Btw, mine gets pretty hot with the fan as well. I guess that must be normal? I hope!