Feb 23, 2015
A Hardforum member had also this idea:

Last edited:

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Please keep the I/O on the side.
Last idea looks beautiful btw

I followed the development for some time, but I just registered because I really want this case to standout, I/O on top is neat but boring imho.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
The last idea from hardforum is perfect. That is my choice, side with inset cutout, and the silver power button is a nice change.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Dan: I/O on the side is more functional. Function should win (and look awesome, too). Whatever you do with the cutout idea (cutout or uniform bezel) make it possible to move/rotate the I/O to the other side of the case.

Sandez

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
That last pic looks the best with the side cutout, followed by top I/O, then the side without the cutout. However, IMO it depends on if you can rotate the I/O to either side as @jtd871 mentioned. If it can't I would vote top I/O as the side I/O will restrict the orientation of the case on someones desk/floor.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Dan: I/O on the side is more functional. Function should win (and look awesome, too). Whatever you do with the cutout idea (cutout or uniform bezel) make it possible to move/rotate the I/O to the other side of the case.

I agree with the side I/O that is switchable to either side. My computer is to my right and usually when you see side I/O they are on the right side which makes it inconvenient.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
A vote for side I/O from me.
I still like the original design best, with with contrasting strip al the round behind the front panel.
Starting a C4 savings fund , hopefully putting a bit aside monthly for when it goes live next year :cool:

Reactions: Nalnig

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
3rd option for sure.
As previously stated "most" folk who have a rig on their desk have it to their right.
I'd like to see reversible I/O so people can choose how they'd like to orient the case themselves :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SilverFox18

Blindo

Efficiency Noob
Nov 29, 2017
It is a good looking case, would it be possible to get without the 3,5 jacks? The are never useful.

Nalnig

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 11, 2017
The one with the cutout for the I/O on the top, looks so much like EVERY other case ...
For me, it's probably just the black strip around, that lets it look so much more interesting.

The position of the I/O in that strip (top or side) would work either way. ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrvonwyl

Mrvonwyl

Cable Smoosher
Nov 8, 2017
I just love black strip around the case, because it is so unique and simply beautiful.
However, the third solution with IO on the side and a cut out there looks nice as well.

@dondan maybe you need to make a new survey with all three options :p
(or even four: black strip and IO on top)

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
Definitely the last option(hardfourm). Give s a good combination of both designs especially keeping the clean look with functionality.

The one with the black strip in silver kind of looks like it wasn't shut properly or "incomplete".

I like the suggestion for removal of the headphone I/O for these reasons
1) it is already a small case so going around the back isn't a major issue
2) keeps the front clean on cables
3) I/O problems that may occur
4) Reduces the amount of additional cables to sort out in such a small case

Not sure if it reduces cost on your end but that could be an addition

Reactions: Mrvonwyl

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017

Question
Since you are already using slim fans and whether they are in push or pull, would it be better to open up that grill some more OR even remove it completely if it doesn't affect structural integrity?

Status
Not open for further replies.