DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetpack_Maniac

Case Bender
New User
Nov 13, 2019
How does the new case design compare to the old one? It sounds like it changed a bunch since the renders were posted. I'm also really excited to see how this turns out. My next system will be SFF and I want this case to be the one I use.

Tazul97

Case Bender
Mar 5, 2019
Currently there are no specs release for the C4-SFX I am working on. The specs in the first thread post are wrong. Furthermore you will have to wait minimum 6 month from now on before you can hold the case in your hands. But to answer your question: The case has two possible GPU mount points horizontal or vertical.

Specs for vertical (sandwich): Length: 300mm Width: 3 Slot Height: 150mm
Specs for horizontal (classic): Length: 300mm Width: 2.75 Slot Height: 115mm

*There is no guarantee for these specs.

Does this mean that you DONT plan on the C4 being compatible with the high end "ASUS STRIX" series cards which sits at 305mm in length?

newzealot

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2019
Currently there are no specs release for the C4-SFX I am working on. The specs in the first thread post are wrong. Furthermore you will have to wait minimum 6 month from now on before you can hold the case in your hands. But to answer your question: The case has two possible GPU mount points horizontal or vertical.

Specs for vertical (sandwich): Length: 300mm Width: 3 Slot Height: 150mm
Specs for horizontal (classic): Length: 300mm Width: 2.75 Slot Height: 115mm

*There is no guarantee for these specs.

I see.... a completely different design that you start from scratch?

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I see.... a completely different design that you start from scratch?

Read upthread — the vertical-or-horizontal GPU choice is in keep with the last iterations @dondan shared here.

Dan, thank you for this update. There are many promising SFF cases newly available or coming on line soon, but I'm willing to wait a bit in order to learn more about this refined C4.

Please share more as soon as possible – but no sooner. ;-)

Dahmos

Case Bender
New User
Dec 4, 2019
Moin!

Thanks god DAN is alive... and C4 also :-)
6 Month - ok, still fine for me. I´m planning to build a new rig in late 2020. Is there a newsletter or something wich keeps me updated when C4 is ready for pre-order?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The CAD work is done :) Now I start creating renderings :)
Even though I'll probably end up going with the Sidearmd, congrats on finally "finishing" this project! I say "finishing" because who knows what tweaks you'd want to make, and that's not even getting to the production side of things. Again, congrats and good luck on the rest of your endeavors!

NotAnAnimal

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
I can't wait to see what he comes up with!
I must say tho, the T1 does look sweet. But it can not accommodate a 240 mm rad with 2 regular fans, as the original C4-sfx could.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

The new thread is here: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/dan-c4-sfx.12329/ Please continue the discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.