DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb4st1c

Cable Smoosher
Mar 1, 2018
Not to derail the thread, but what's your problem with SFFLab? I haven't heard any I issues.

Maybe he/she has no credit card or access to Apple Pay, to pay for the case through SFFLab. Like me.
I understand Paypal causes too many headaches for SFFLab to reconsider using, but I hope other payment options will eventually be implemented.
Or maybe just like Dan's A4 cases, sold through Caseking or Overclockers UK (?)

enome

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2018
I was around since sometime early last year, but I still have not lost faith in this case. I still hope to see THE CASE I was looking forward to. THE CASE that can run dual 120 AIOs with only 10L.

Reactions: wykydtronik

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
So what is the most recent/accurate state of this case? the image on pg94? or has there been significant changes since then and we are waiting on new renders?

• Wow

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
This case should get moved to stalled status as far as I'm concerned, as stalling is all @dondan has done with it for the past 6 months. I'm sure that if it ever gets done it'll truly be a thing of beauty and likely become one of the best options out there, but I'm over the whole "I'll have new renders by the end of the week" carrot dangled from a stick bs. It hasn't happened the last 3 times its been said, and I have no reason to believe him if he says it again. Time will tell, but I've already given him the benefit of the doubt on this project once already, and I don't tend to ever offer it a second time.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
They are not 100% full time on this and have to manage life as well. They never also took any money as form of commitment.

That can be said for nearly all of the cases being made on this site, and yet you don’t see people like J-Hack, Velkase, or the Zaber guys saying they’ll do things and then not have them follow through. Those guys are prompt, transparent, and the first two have several projects going on at once. The SFF world is competitive now, and its consumers don’t need to put up with this kind of lack of communication, especially with the premium we already pay for its products.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
None of us are consumers of this case yet, since none of us have paid anything for the work that's been done on it. It's not like a group buy or a kickstarter where the consumers have funded a project with a timeline. Dondan may have lost your "benefit of the doubt", and it doesn't seem he'll get it back since you apparently don't tend to offer it a second time, but that's infinitely better than him or any project runner squandering our money. Which is certainly not what is happening here.

This thread reads like the Kickstarter comments of a scam project. Last I checked no one has pledged so why bother being negative in general.

I guess this is what I'm trying to say.

Also, the last update from Dondan in June:

I learned from the last month that i can't pleased everyone and that it is important that i make a product that i am happy with. I I learned from the last month that i can't pleased everyone and that it is important that i make a product that i am happy with. I will not rush therefor i will not offer a release date or make promises that i can't keep. So if you need a case now don't wait for this project. not rush therefor i will not offer a release date or make promises that i can't keep. So if you need a case now don't wait for this project.

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
...that's infinitely better than him or any project runner squandering our money. Which is certainly not what is happening here.

I completely agree, and feel it's necessary to add that comments like yours and worldtour's have nothing to do with the "complaints" being posted here. People are "complaining" b/c they/we were excited about this project at some point, and WANT Dan to do better with communication as he used to be known for. He's all but killed the possibility of this case being successful (in my opinion) were it to go to crowdfunding, and it's incredibly disappointing. I hope I'm wrong, and that what I said about it becoming one of the best options for SFF once/if it releases happens instead.

In the long run, if the consumer doesn't hold the producer/developer accountable, it's bad for the consumer. As a consumer in this case (no pun intended), I will offer suggestions, ask the hard questions, call out the bs, and congratulate/celebrate the successes throughout the process. If you search my account posts, you'll see I stay true to all of those things in the many threads I follow.

• Wow

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
While it is true no one spent money on this project, the moment we were asked and cooperated with filling forms entitles us to at least SOME form of communication. Two months ago the renders were almost done... Why no update? I wouldn't mind a "no longer doing this" or "postponed until 2020" just any communication would be nice.

Last edited:
  • Wow

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
You are entitled to your opinion - nothing else. Dondan is not obliged to tell you anything at this point, even though it might be better from a business perspective (hard to tell, since he already made it clear that "if you need a case now don't wait for this project ").

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Why no update? I wouldn't mind a "no longer doing this" or "postponed until 2020" just any communication would be nice.

Unfortunately it appears the update was that there would be no update for a while. X(

In the long run, if the consumer doesn't hold the producer/developer accountable, it's bad for the consumer. As a consumer in this case (no pun intended), I will offer suggestions, ask the hard questions, call out the bs, and congratulate/celebrate the successes throughout the process. If you search my account posts, you'll see I stay true to all of those things in the many threads I follow.

What you're saying is correct, but you can't apply that logic to any of us, since none of us are consumers of the case yet. We're prospective consumers until we make a purchase. Ask the hard questions and call out the bs when we are promoted to consumer.

I can't really speak to sales of this case being dead on arrival due to arriving late to market, since if it is a better design and of better quality than the rest it should sell just fine.

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@fatpolomanjr Thanks for a decently thought out, and well written point of view. While I appreciate your take on what I said, I still disagree with your premise. Yes, we are all prospective consumers in this particular circumstance, but that can be said for literally anything any of us have ever considered buying, but didn't.

I'll use the upcoming Google Pixel 4 launch as an example. That phone has a successful predecessor, and has been in development and discussed ever since the Pixel 3 launched. If Google up and decided to ghost the entire world who was excited and, in the case of the C4, helped in the development of the Pixel 4... are you going to tell me the world wouldn't have something to say about it just as I and several others have on this forum? Google might be a bad example, as they are one of the few "untouchable" companies in the world, but the idea is the same.

This forum exists as a platform for developers to garner interest and build a product that consumers would want to buy. We are all prospective consumers in every thread we take the time to read here. I understand and agree that Dan doesn't owe us a thing, but I do have an issue with the idea that newcomers to the forum can still get their hopes up for a product that is going no where. I stand by everything I've said, and my opinion remains that this thread should be labeled as stalled until Dan decides to pick up the project again.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.