DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Ncase is a proven case and good to see it's getting improvements, I just do not think it looks very pretty - maybe its the angled front panel & the front / IO.
For me I want a small & good looking case, Sidearm, C4 & Mjolnir seem to fit the bill but do not actually exist yet

Fair enough, if you're spending the money for these small production run cases you've got to be okay with the looks. It'd be nice to have an update on the c4 but I'm sure Dan has his hands full these days (saw a comment he had a kid recently) so it's understandable. The sidearm and Thor seem well on track though. The chimera looks interesting too. Wahaha seems to be pretty busy haha.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I see your point, but I'd get Dan's C4 on page 94 or page 1 just because it looks better. I don't care a little increase in size, I just really really like how the C4 looks. I'm sure I am not the only one.

I agree that the C4 designs were very beautiful. I was personally fond of the original gap which offset the front panel before that got voted off the island. But what really made this design gorgeous was the seamless, single-piece wraparound top+side panel – though I don't recall what led to its demise.

Reactions: Kuzan

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is a tiny update to break the silence from my side. I am still working on the case. I am nearly done with the CAD work and after this i will show what i have. It will be possible to add some tiny wishes or make some tiny changes based on user feedback. Then i will order the prototype.

I learned from the last month that i can't pleased everyone and that it is important that i make a product that i am happy with. I will not rush therefor i will not offer a release date or make promises that i can't keep. So if you need a case now don't wait for this project.

Thank you for your support
Daniel

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
PC case Design is one of those things where there is always going to be people using it for different things - some people want a clean case with maximum cooling for a gaming PC without any IO clutter and some people want heaps of connectivity and something without any flashiness for a productivity PC.

I think whatever design you settle on will have the people who wish it was different, but in the long run if you stick to the core principle of this case it will be very popular and well received.

Looking forward to see the near-final CAD designs!

lowkey

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
Well, i am looking at a lot of ITX DanA4 clones. Most of them are just a little bit different.

What i am looking for? My current project is a 8700k + 2070 watercooled in itx size. There is no real cooling problem for one of them. But both parts go for 300w and then you need more than 240mm radiators. I went for the XSPC TX240. Is only 20,2mm in height. So you can add some ID-Cooling Slim Fans with 15mm height and you get a silent cooling system.
Adding two of them in a DANA4 clone, one under the top and one on the bottom, might be working very well and not silent, but close to silent. Maybee there will be some space behind the graphicscard for another 120mm radiator or pump.

DrAwesome95

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
Here is a tiny update to break the silence from my side. I am still working on the case. I am nearly done with the CAD work and after this i will show what i have. It will be possible to add some tiny wishes or make some tiny changes based on user feedback. Then i will order the prototype.

Awesome to hear, by far the sleekest solution to a 240mm radiator SFF case.

Sadly industry seems to be leaving SFF behind, again - please can you look at a 2.2 slot clearance for GPUs (like in the Ncase rev 6).

Also, you probably will go through SFF Lab again, would be awesome if you broke up the components (Chassis, Riser, panels, etc) so that there is an element of customisation, and to save on shipping etc.

Additionally, if you can notch the top of the MB tray to allow for a slim exhaust, just to establish the airflow across the MB VRMs that would be amazing :)

My wallet is ready.

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Well, a month ago he was "nearly done with the CAD". So I guess there should be an update anytime soon.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
what makes you believe that? Given the lack of updates, I am not counting on its release.

I learned from the last month that i can't pleased everyone and that it is important that i make a product that i am happy with. I will not rush therefor i will not offer a release date or make promises that i can't keep. So if you need a case now don't wait for this project.

Daniel

mechanicalturkey

What's an ITX?
Jul 28, 2019
Anyone that's been around since the kickstarter days knows that - for a Dan Case, it's always worth the wait.

Daniel

• Wow
Reactions: wykydtronik
Status
Not open for further replies.