DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
i have zsa4, basically danA4 clone, and it is real pleasure to use.

now that i have seen the corsair one case, I wonder if any of that idea can be applied here: using negative/positive pressure to mount the fan elsewhere.

Few pages back, Dan already was thinking about it and many, including myself, didn't like the idea because the Corsair One comes with all the hardware already, so it works for them. The idea of buying a case is to build how you want not be forced to build it one way. Not everyone wants to water cool their GPU.

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Any news yet, I need something with good CPU cooling, I am interested in going for the Ryzen 9 3000 cpus, so the regular Dan case definitely wont cut it in terms of good performance and cooling for something that beefy. If the C4 is very far away, I will probably just go for the Ncase v6. My preference is the C4 though.

poppis

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 13, 2019
I'm too excited for this case! Must be the best looking case I've ever seen!
Any idea on when the kickstarter will begin?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I'm too excited for this case! Must be the best looking case I've ever seen!
Any idea on when the kickstarter will begin?
Which case? If you're talking about the one on first page sorry to disappoint you but the project has gone through a series of changes, even drastic ones.

The lack of communication from Dan is kinda killing me but let's hope for the best!

omega24

Caliper Novice
Dec 11, 2017
I can't imagine it will be too much longer before we see the final design. Dan said he'd be done with the A4 launch back in the beginning of April. Hoping we see something this month.

poppis

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 13, 2019
Which case? If you're talking about the one on first page sorry to disappoint you but the project has gone through a series of changes, even drastic ones.

The lack of communication from Dan is kinda killing me but let's hope for the best!
Mainly the first case, but the iterated version looks nice too! ?

• Sad
Reactions: wykydtronik

ToutNoir

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2018
I cannot believe it still hasn't been made yet :/
I think it was early last year he made some prototypes that looked amazing. Thought it would be not far off after seeing them

Same here. I was not in a hurry so didn't mind waiting 6 months ago. This case is a beauty and fit my needs. What's killing me is having no news at all from Dan.
I understand it's a 1 man business (or maybe I should say 1 young dad business) but the lack of communication is making me looking at other cases right now.

Reactions: omod and FAQBytes

Scrublet

Efficiency Noob
Dec 4, 2018
Yeah, he's got alot on his plate. I've been following it since September 2017, so I gave up waiting and got the Ghost S1

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
my reason for waiting - I don't like the back-to-back layout, and this is (prototype layout or the new dual-way concept) the only option in sub 10L category as far as i know.

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
I have bought the A4 1,5 years back.. but I solled it straight away because the time lines for the C4 were May 2019? or was it 18? Anway.. still haven't made a sff build.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Meh,
I completely get the frustration being vented, but ultimately, it's not like it's owed us.
There's a reason that Kickstarters fail every day. It's complicated, hard, and expensive, and people wanting a thing to exist doesn't make it happen.
Dan's got a lot on his plate and I doubt that he's been able to quit his day job and move on up to the east side on his A4 money.
The fact that this community of one man company case builders exists at all is amazing to me.
Right now I'm single, no kids, living out of a hotel in the desert, working a predictable 50 hr week, and I still have a tough time motivating myself to keep studying my IT certs in the evening. And they have a pretty direct impact on my future job prospects and payscale.
Talking myself into starting a business and embarking on the hell that is designing, manufacturing, and shipping a widget out of thin air just because I had an idea and a Solidworks license?

@#$% no.

So while I agree, it would be awesome if Dan surprised us at midnight with a Kickstarter campaign drop with immediate availability on SFFLab, I'm going to continue on with my life and buy what I need, when I need it. Life doesn't wait around for products to exist or people to be ready.
I would love to pick this case up, just like I would love to try out @Wahaha360's Sidearmd T1, which will probably launch before the C4, but right now I can buy an A4, Cerberus/X, M1, SM550, or any of 100's of other cases if I needed one tomorrow.
It's not like anyone NEEDS this case. We are talking luxury items that are bought and built in for asthetics, not a function that can't be accomplished with any other case.
I built a dual CPU Cerberus X because I realized the parts were available, relatively cheap, and fit in a cool case.
I don't NEED a <20L, 16-core server, but it seemed like a cool idea and a fun project. No one owed me that.

I don't know. Hopefully this doesn't flame anyone up, but I just think we could all do with a little less expectation and treat these things more as gifts. It personally makes my life less stressful to not sweat it.

omod

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
Meh,
I completely get the frustration being vented, but ultimately, it's not like it's owed us.
There's a reason that Kickstarters fail every day. It's complicated, hard, and expensive, and people wanting a thing to exist doesn't make it happen.
Dan's got a lot on his plate and I doubt that he's been able to quit his day job and move on up to the east side on his A4 money.
The fact that this community of one man company case builders exists at all is amazing to me.
Right now I'm single, no kids, living out of a hotel in the desert, working a predictable 50 hr week, and I still have a tough time motivating myself to keep studying my IT certs in the evening. And they have a pretty direct impact on my future job prospects and payscale.
Talking myself into starting a business and embarking on the hell that is designing, manufacturing, and shipping a widget out of thin air just because I had an idea and a Solidworks license?

@#$% no.

So while I agree, it would be awesome if Dan surprised us at midnight with a Kickstarter campaign drop with immediate availability on SFFLab, I'm going to continue on with my life and buy what I need, when I need it. Life doesn't wait around for products to exist or people to be ready.
I would love to pick this case up, just like I would love to try out @Wahaha360's Sidearmd T1, which will probably launch before the C4, but right now I can buy an A4, Cerberus/X, M1, SM550, or any of 100's of other cases if I needed one tomorrow.
It's not like anyone NEEDS this case. We are talking luxury items that are bought and built in for asthetics, not a function that can't be accomplished with any other case.
I built a dual CPU Cerberus X because I realized the parts were available, relatively cheap, and fit in a cool case.
I don't NEED a <20L, 16-core server, but it seemed like a cool idea and a fun project. No one owed me that.

I don't know. Hopefully this doesn't flame anyone up, but I just think we could all do with a little less expectation and treat these things more as gifts. It personally makes my life less stressful to not sweat it.

Thanks. I realised how long its been since this thread started. Just bought a H200 for $66 so I'm not mentally invested in this slow ass project anymore.

Reactions: RockZors

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
whoever goes to production first, I just want AIO in SFF without having to hack up a beautiful case.
Same, I just want to be able to see the parts I paid 1000s for without also cooking them, or under-voting etc. Just want a clean TG SFF system, with regular boost clocks (Don't need an OC) , nothing fills that market gap atm, except maybe the ghost, but I hate the top hats.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Almost guarantee the Sidearmd T1 will be out first. That said, both are great looking cases and I hope both make it out soon.
I think I like the internal strength of design of the Sidearmd T1 more (possibly better for travel or rugged environments?), but the exterior looks of the C4-SFX, especially with the glass panel, are gorgeous.
Ultimately it'll come down to availability and personal preference for most. Pricing may make it interesting as well, but frankly I don't want to see a race to the bottom in this space. Both creators deserve to be paid appropriately for their hard work and I think that many of the creators here would rather abandon a project than be forced to cut corners for the sake of breaking even on their design.
Maybe when the tariff wars (worst dystopian future Sci-Fi book series ever) are resolved, there will be more opportunity for profit at small scale.

Reactions: PBJ
Status
Not open for further replies.