Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
For all you guys waiting, we are working to make the product better.

Aside from manufacturing optimization, dondan and I have been in discussion about this low profile (<48mm) DDC Pump Res combo that will work for the M1, A4, C4 and Mach One.

Why you might ask, full custom loop for the C4 of course.

Here are some pictures of prototype 1.

We have more ideas than time to execute, so we ask you guys to be patient, the product will only get better with iterations on our end - and it has to be, or else why waste everyone's time.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Looks like you are using 92mm fan mounting holes, that would work great with the M1.

You said pump/res, I see now that it is also a CPU block. Now that is very cool.

Last edited:

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
@Wahaha360 what's your estimated price for the whole thing? Last thing I saw similar was around the $200 USD mark, and that was a wee bit rich for my blood. Closer to $100-125 (less is always better until quality is compromised) is around my price +/-however I'm feeling that day.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Awesome! Is this still in partnership with alphacool?

Not at the moment, but we are open to Alphacool and EK.

Since we are considering adding CNC parts to the C4 (structural improvement and dimensional efficiencies), we might as well CNC the POM Acetal / Acrylic top for this block. The Copper Plate matches the EK Supremacy EVO or Velocity base plate.

I would prefer to time the C4 launch with this pump / res.

I'm convinced that AMD / Intel / Nvidia will sacrifice power efficiency for performance in the next year or two, so things are going to run hot. To cool 2080/2080TI + 2700X/9900K is going to take more than punching vent holes.

Last edited:

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
I'm convinced that AMD / Intel / Nvidia will sacrifice power efficiency for performance in the next year or two, so things are going to run hot. To cool 2080/2080TI + 2700X/9900K is going to take more than punching vent holes.

Steve Burke at Gamer's Nexus just released a video on just this, but to a far lesser extent, but I fully believe that as well.

ToutNoir

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2018

Aside from manufacturing optimization, dondan and I have been in discussion about this low profile (<48mm) DDC Pump Res combo that will work for the M1, A4, C4 and Mach One.

We have more ideas than time to execute, so we ask you guys to be patient, the product will only get better with iterations on our end - and it has to be, or else why waste everyone's time.

I'm glad to see you guys are working together on the possibility of a full custom water loop for this case.
As you wrote the heat to extract will be challenging and I wonder how many radiators do you plan on fitting inside the case and how (I think that 2x 240 should be necessary with the latest GPU and CPU).

Reactions: Crysilus

Kelly

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2018
That was kinda unexpected, too bad I already bought a Fractal Kelvin S24

NIIV3X

Cable Smoosher
Jun 15, 2018
Here are the concept rendering:

Regarding your current state of design I really appreciate you overthinking the way of how the side panels should be held in place! The latest concept of sliding-in-panels looks astonishing in the render (favourite is the second from above) and I believe a combination of your earlier case's simple yet elegant front panel as well as the cool feet design together with the new side panels would make a marvelous C4!
Like moving the Power Button etc. from the Front Panel to the place on top as you did in one of your previous designs too!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Not at the moment, but we are open to Alphacool and EK.

Since we are considering adding CNC parts to the C4 (structural improvement and dimensional efficiencies), we might as well CNC the POM Acetal / Acrylic top for this block. The Copper Plate matches the EK Supremacy EVO or Velocity base plate.

I would prefer to time the C4 launch with this pump / res.

THANK YOU!!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi guys,

I like to share with you my newest idea on how it is possible to improve the internal design of the C4-SFX. This design will be between 11 & 11,3L and will allow for using up to 480mm radiator surface inside the C4. (Keep in mind it is just an idea):

How it works:

The layout will be work around positive or negative pressure. There will be three vent openings for this design – top side, bottom side and front side. Every vent area has a surface of 120x240mm there will be no venting holes on the side panels.

There is one rule for building inside the case: ALL fans (including the GPU) have to blow in the same direction.

On this picture you see positive pressure. The two front fans pushing fresh air inside the case and it will move out through the radiators on top and bottom. On a use case with a radial fan GPU (GTX Founders) negative pressure would be better and for a axial fan GPU (RTX Founders) positive pressure. ( I know I did it wrong on the renderings)

If you like to use only one radiator you can also put fans on the mount points for the second radiator or install one or two of the included bracket (don’t visible on the rendering) to covering the not needed vent areas. Every bracket is able to cover a 120x120mm surface. Furthermore each bracket will also work as an drive bay and can hold two 2.5” drives.

A little example: You like to use only one 240mm radiator. You install it in the bottom of the case. Now is it up to you: You can install the fans at the front or topside. You decide for the front. Now you have unused space at the topside. You install a third 120mm fan at the topside and one vent holes cover to have more space for two HDD drives.

This design is very unique because it will allow up to 480mm radiator surface in ~11L volume. In a direct comparison a radiator will cool better if the fan is directly attached on it, but also this design will work very well.

For designing the front intake I have different ideas:

Between front panel and fan there will be 15mm free space to not have air turbulences and to provide space for dust filters. So now we have two options: 1) adding vent holes to the front panel itself or adding vent slots on the left and right side of the 15mm free space zone (I will visualize it).

What do you think about this design?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I like to share with you my newest idea on how it is possible to improve the internal design of the C4-SFX. This design will be between 11 & 11,3L and will allow for using up to 480mm radiator surface inside the C4. (Keep in mind it is just an idea):

How it works:

The layout will be work around positive or negative pressure. There will be three vent openings for this design – top side, bottom side and front side. Every vent area has a surface of 120x240mm there will be no venting holes on the side panels.

There is one rule for building inside the case: ALL fans (including the GPU) have to blow in the same direction.

On this picture you see positive pressure. The two front fans pushing fresh air inside the case and it will move out through the radiators on top and bottom. On a use case with a radial fan GPU (GTX Founders) negative pressure would be better and for a axial fan GPU (RTX Founders) positive pressure. ( I know I did it wrong on the renderings)

If you like to use only one radiator you can also put fans on the mount points for the second radiator or install one or two of the included bracket (don’t visible on the rendering) to covering the not needed vent areas. Every bracket is able to cover a 120x120mm surface. Furthermore each bracket will also work as an drive bay and can hold two 2.5” drives.

A little example: You like to use only one 240mm radiator. You install it in the bottom of the case. Now is it up to you: You can install the fans at the front or topside. You decide for the front. Now you have unused space at the topside. You install a third 120mm fan at the topside and one vent holes cover to have more space for two HDD drives.

This design is very unique because it will allow up to 480mm radiator surface in ~11L volume. In a direct comparison a radiator will cool better if the fan is directly attached on it, but also this design will work very well.

For designing the front intake I have different ideas:

Between front panel and fan there will be 15mm free space to not have air turbulences and to provide space for dust filters. So now we have two options: 1) adding vent holes to the front panel itself or adding vent slots on the left and right side of the 15mm free space zone (I will visualize it).

What do you think about this design?
Wow. I just want to make sure that I understand your concept correctly... you're saying that you will only have enough height for either a 25-27mm radiator or a 25mm fan at the top / bottom? and that air is forced through the radiator via air pressure differential? If so, this will be similar in theory as the Corsair One, correct? If so, I love this.

Reactions: FAQBytes

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
I don't know if this idea was already proposed by you or by others in this forums, but my doubts remains. Air, as electrons, likes to take the less resistive path... So you're idea may work if we suppose there are no gaps at all in the enclosure. Even at I/O region where it's likely we have gaps. If there are, this design is doomed to "fail" because it's less efficient than having fans directly in contact with radiators (e.g. no static pressure "wasted")...

Furthermore, even if we suppose no drops in performace between a direct contact fan + radiator... We have to take in considerations that, in a 480mm configurations, we have just 2 fan... rotated and "not close" from radiators... So, static pressure is halved. Not an efficient design IMHO, as we will have probably a gradient in static pressure and airflow (portions near fans will perform better than portions of radiators near the I/O shield in negative pressure configuration)...

So, I doubt this design will work and it may be more expensive because tolerances has to be lowered (higher quality manufacturing) to be sure we don't have excessive gaps in the enclosure...

A COMSOL/ANSYS simulation(s) would be awesome :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.