DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I currently work on CAD of the classical design with direct cooled radiator. I think I am 80% done with it so maybe I finish the work this week. I think semi passiv cooled is out of question because I think nearly no one feel the need of 2x 240mm radiator. Therefor I make the decision to move forward with the classical design. Maybe I can show renderings this week.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
I mostly asked for a timeline given the news about the Dan A4-XL. It'd be great to be able to choose between the 2. The C4 is exciting mostly because I would be able to cool an i9-9900K properly and without limiting the CPU like I'm doing in the A4v3.

Reactions: Lekic

Lekic

Cable Smoosher
Dec 2, 2018
I mostly asked for a timeline given the news about the Dan A4-XL. It'd be great to be able to choose between the 2. The C4 is exciting mostly because I would be able to cool an i9-9900K properly and without limiting the CPU like I'm doing in the A4v3.

This is me 100%. Looking forward to which case will service my 9900k!

Reactions: Nanook

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
At first you will see C4-SFX in 2019. The A4-XL is a possible project after C4, but it is not confirmed because i also have ideas for other projects.

Awesome to hear that! I was considering to upsize from my A4 sooner because of the limitations the i9 has, but given this news and the fact that 240mm AIO coolers do a good job with it I'm personally looking forward to this case.
I'm assuming it'll be available at some point on SFFLab?

papsicleboy

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
just read about 25 pages of thread lol,

got worried a bit when the tower design and dual passive radiator design got brought up. I was so completely sold on the original design and I'm really happy to see that it is back! @dondan so will the new/old design be top I/O or side?

Reactions: Crysilus

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
just read about 25 pages of thread lol,

got worried a bit when the tower design and dual passive radiator design got brought up. I was so completely sold on the original design and I'm really happy to see that it is back! @dondan so will the new/old design be top I/O or side?
I hope @dondan keeps the I/O on the side but as far as I know there are a few issues that needs to be fixed
  1. He doesn't like the look of the glass side panel with the cutout (could also be a cost related issue)
  2. Side I/O prevents support for 2x 2.5" drives behind the front panel
  3. Case feet need to be changed (the ones on the prototype were unstable)

I'm looking forward to the new CAD renders, hopefully he didn't have to make drastic changes!

Reactions: papsicleboy

papsicleboy

Caliper Novice
Jun 19, 2018
I hope @dondan keeps the I/O on the side but as far as I know there are a few issues that needs to be fixed
  1. He doesn't like the look of the glass side panel with the cutout (could also be a cost related issue)
  2. Side I/O prevents support for 2x 2.5" drives behind the front panel
  3. Case feet need to be changed (the ones on the prototype were unstable)

I'm looking forward to the new CAD renders, hopefully he didn't have to make drastic changes!

It seems like those are relatively small fixes. Hopefully a new prototype will be on the way soon.

Quicksandman

Chassis Packer
Dec 7, 2018
Debating this or the Geeek A60.

Love the look of this case but I dont know if I can wait for this thing to come out. I’m getting anxious, and my new mini iTX board looks goofy in my full size phanteks case haha.

Anybody have hands on experience with Geeek cases? This is my first mini iTX build. Worth waiting for this C4??

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
Debating this or the Geeek A60.

Anybody have hands on experience with Geeek cases? This is my first mini iTX build. Worth waiting for this C4??

I would say that the development thread isn't necessarily the place to ask. It's like asking the priest whether to enlist. He isn't going to give you the same advice as the recruiter.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe some of you know that the A4-SFXv4 will get a new riser cable. This riser cable is very price attractive and in the same price range of two hard risers. So I like to discuss if you are interest in using the A4 hardware layout for the C4. (GPU behind the motherboard).

Compatibility Comparison:

Current Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "2.0 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 64mm, GPU 2 Slot (41mm+5mm back plate)
C4-SFX with "2.5 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm back plate)

A4 Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "flexible riser cable" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm back plate)

Last edited:

david.giessing

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
Maybe some of you know, that the A4-SFXv4 will get a new riser cable. This riser cable is very price attractive and in the same price range of two hard risers. So I like to discuss if you are interest in using the A4 hardwarelayout for the C4. (GPU behind the motherboard).

This will result in the following compatibilities:

Current Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "2.0 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 64mm, GPU 2 Slot (41mm+5mm backplate)
C4-SFX with "2.5 Slot hard riser" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm backplate)

A4 Hardware Layout:
C4-SFX with "flexible riser cable" - CPU heatsink up to 54mm, GPU 2.5/2,75 Slot (51mm+5mm backplate)
I do like the layout from the A4 a bit more, looks cleaner, so this is good for me.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
People would probably ask for render before deciding.
But A4 layout looks more feasible since you can use aircoolers as stop gap before AIO

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
After watching the thread for a while, I decided to join the conversation.

In my opinion it is good to see the comback of the original C4-SFX design. I would prefer the internal A4-SFX layout for a few reasons:
1. The case should be intended for using an AIO- Cooler, therefore room for a taller air cooler heatsink isn't necessary.
2. Since GPUs got taller with RTX, additional clearance for up to a 2.75-slot card is preferable.
3. A flexible riser could be sturdier in transport (testing should be done here).

Otherwise I really look forward to see the C4-SFX released in 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: cmd and Lekic
Status
Not open for further replies.