Not open for further replies.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@All:
I am thinking of renaming the C4-H2O.
I am afraid, that somebody can think that this case is only made for water cooling. This is a real problem, because I think the air cooling efficiency of this case is better as it is in the A4-SFX.
So I need your help again. Please help me finding a new name for the C4-XXX!

Rules:
- The new name must start with C4-
- No names that is longer than 3-4 characters

Example: C4-SFX

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
C4-(whatever number of Liters the case ends up being?)
C4-SE?

on a more serious note:
C4-FL (flow)
C4-ST (cast)
C4-M (medium)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
C4-123
Based on dimensions:
127,5 x 242 x 323,6mm

C4-SGC
Stacked-GPU-CPU

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
I suggest C4-SFX, so you have a common base for future name projects such as: B4-SFX, D4-SFX etc. and A4-TFX, C4-TFX etc. and A4-ATX, C4-ATX etc.

You may keep the A4, B4, C4 prefix to define the size of the case and the SFX/TFX/ATX suffix to define the psu type requirement.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Take a page out of Elon Musk's book and call it the C4-S3X. Also I completely agree that you're pigeonholing yourself going with the C4-H20, so good decision to change it in the early stages.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Take a page out of Elon Musk's book and call it the C4-S3X. Also I completely agree that you're pigeonholing yourself going with the C4-H20, so good decision to change it in the early stages.
But then C4-SSX and C4-SXX can be a little confusing.

Reactions: Biowarejak

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
Thank you for being part of my poll. Here is the result:

The result is very clear! The most participants like to use a radiator with a thickness of 28-30mm in combination with a 120mm fan with a thickness of 25mm. Like I handled it with the A4-SFX project I want to give you the chance to have influence on the final product.Therefore I increased the height of the radiator/fan chamber to 55mm. To stay under 10l I made the hardware chamber 2mm smaller. So the total case dimensions are: 127,5 x 242 x 323,6mm (W x H x D) = 9,9l

The new cooling chamber allows the following radiator configurations:

· 22mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 27mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 30mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 38mm thick radiator + 16mm fan
· 40mm thick radiator + 15mm fan

I am wondering that only 7% of the participants plan to use air cooling. Maybe the name of the product suggest that you only can use water cooling or the poll image in the threads looks like a only water cooling related poll.

Furthermore I never thought that 48% plan to install a custom water cooling solution. Because at the current state it isn’t clear that a custom pump will fit.

I did a bit of research to identify all custom water cooling radiators that will fit:

26-30mm thickness class:

· Aqua Computer Airplex Pro 240
· Bitspower Leviathan Slim 240
· EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240
· MagiCool 240 G2 Slim Radiator
· MagiCool 240D
· MagiCool Xflow Copper Radiator II

30-40mm thickness class:

· EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE 240
· Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power
· XSPC AX240
· XSPC EX240
· XSPC EX240 Crossflow V1/V2
· XSPC EX240 Multiport

Thank you for your help

Daniel

Well done, already Voted,

for the name C4-AWC = Air - Water - Cooling compatible ;)

What A great news @dondan I'm Planning to use custom loop Water cooling with Slim radiator EK SE240 or Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 240mm with 25mm Fan (probably EK Furious Vardar), and ddc Pump,

I'm Using Zotac GTX 1050 Ti (14,4 cm Length) with EK FC 750 GTX water block, so there will be a space in the VGA chamber, is it possible to mount one 120 slim radiator with slim fan? like this maybe?

Last edited:

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
C4-WoA

obviously to mean Water or Air

doubles as Work of Art too ;)

also as WOA!, you know when you see something awesome ;)

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today I updated my drawing to the new dimension. 128,5 x 241 x 322,6mm = 9,9l.
I also changed the length of the motherboard stand-offs from 7mm to 5mm. The big cutout in the motherboard tray make this possible.
The new maximum height for CPU heatsinks is now 64mm if you use a GPU with backplate or 68mm if you not have a backplate in use.

Samsquamptch

Trash Compacter
Jun 22, 2016
Dan, could you fit both a 120mm CPU AIO cooler and a 120mm GPU AIO cooler next to each other? It would be great to fit a Corsair H75 next to the AIO from a Hybrid 1080.

*edit- meant 120mm coolers

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@ALL: Here is a small rendering to show you how the bottom cooling part looks like.

Some other forum members mentioned that if you use higher case feet you can use bigger fans. This is wrong because it will collide with the outer panel.

Dan this is looking great, amazing to have come up with a second case so soon.
Just as I was losing heart after @Necere's Sidearm seems to have stalled; this looks a really great portable case to take to LAN nights, even smaller (and a better shape for me...) than my newly acquired Silverstone SG13.

One question; the pic above shows the top/sides as a wrap around shell with screws at the bottom, but you mention push fit panels like the A4 SFX in another post.
Can you clarify the design please?

Anyway, congrats on your talent and wishing you continued success.

oceanmechanic

Efficiency Noob
Sep 15, 2017
I suggest C4-SFX, so you have a common base for future name projects such as: B4-SFX, D4-SFX etc. and A4-TFX, C4-TFX etc. and A4-ATX, C4-ATX etc.

You may keep the A4, B4, C4 prefix to define the size of the case and the SFX/TFX/ATX suffix to define the psu type requirement.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.