DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etz

Chassis Packer
May 7, 2018
Sad to hear that top IO was dropped, it looked so much better and would have been more convenient.
Oh well, maybe I can rebuild it somehow.

Etz

Chassis Packer
May 7, 2018
Well, I have practical issue too (it is not all personal preference problem) with side IO on right side, it would become inaccessible with my current desk layout, as usually my computer cases are placed right side near to a wall.
No such problems with the top IO though as it does not depend on left/right placement.

Only way to solve my placement issue, would be flip the case, but then radiator goes on top part.
As I have a cat (who likes to sleep on top of the computer cases), it is unfortunately not an feasible option, as cats and radiators do not blend well.

Unless of course that IO is mirrored on the second side.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
dondan shows the same cutout on the side panels on both sides. It should be possible to make the IO panel mountable on both sides. Not sure if it is mounted to the frame or the front panel, if you mount it to the frame you could also mount the matching piece without the IO on the other side. That way you could have the IO on either side.

Reactions: Etz

galletabah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2016
So guys the first day testing the C4-SFX samples is over. The quality is very good and the samples looks so good. I made the decission to go with the side i/o version because it looks awesome.

Here and there are tiny things that need to optimized on the metal parts and cable lengths but nothing critical. Furthermore i used the day to make some first testing with my Ryzen, Titan X Pascal and a single 120mm AIO for the CPU.
I tested all possible configuration ( fan suck in, fan suck out, differences between no panel, vented panel and window panel and difference with radiator on bottom or on top).
The resuls are very great and in the expected range. I will post the results and some pictures tomorrow. Keep in mind this is only a preview test because my i7 8700 and more AIOs will arrive next week.

What i can say that cable management is a bit more tricky on the C4 but if you don't hurry and think about what you do it is very doable. I use the default Corsair cables and it looks very clean.
we are waiting

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are the preview results of the first test with the C4-SFX.

Testsetup:

• Ryzen 7 1700 @ default clock
  • Asus Strix B350-I
  • Nvidia Titan X (Pascal)
  • 32GB DDR4
  • Corsair 450 SFX
  • Asetek 120mm AIO (27mm Radiator)
  • 2x Noctua NF-A12x25

I used Prime95 (26.6) 8K run for max CPU load and Valley Benchmark 2.5K simultaneous. The case fans spin at 100%.

Radiator on Top

---------------------------------------CPU--------GPU Clock----GPU FAN----GPU temp-----Room
FAN push out - open------------50 °C------max 1800------2350 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN push out - vented----------50 °C------max 1780------2380 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN push out - Window--------52 °C------max 1780------2410 rpm------83 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - open--------------50 °C------max 1800------2350 rpm------81 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - vented------------50 °C------max 1780------2380 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - Window----------52 °C------max 1780------2410 rpm------82 °C------25 °C

Radiator on Bottom

----------------------------------------CPU--------GPU Clock----GPU FAN----GPU temp-----Room
FAN push out - open-------------54 °C------max 1780------2380 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN push out - vented-----------56 °C------max 1780------2400 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN push out - Window---------57 °C------max 1780------2430 rpm------83 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - open---------------52 °C------max 1780------2380 rpm------82 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - vented-------------56 °C------max 1780------2410 rpm------83 °C------25 °C
FAN suck in - Window-----------56 °C------max 1780------2410 rpm------83 °C------25 °C

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes for both fans. Keep in mind this is only a first test to see how it will perform on maximum airflow. On my big test I will use an i7 8700 and I will also test different fan speeds.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I notice in the pics you've got the GPU in the position closer to the window, wouldn't it fit in the more inward position? Or does the the AIO tubing or something else interfere? Have you tested to see if there's any significant temp/fan/boost difference on the GPU between the inner and outer positions? And will you be testing an open cooler card at some point?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
As you can see the differences between no panel, vented panel and window are very close so the difference will be only a higher clock and lower fanspeed on the gpu. As you maybe know modern gpus try to get the best possible clock in a specific fan speed and core temp cap.

But currently i didn't test it. I will do it for the big test. A open cooler (axial fan card) is not on my list.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
As you can see the differences between no window, vented panel and window are very close so the difference will be only a higher clock and lower fanspeed on the gpu.
Of course. Momentary lapse in my critical thinking ability there, sorry XD

But yeah, blowers generally deal with restrictive intake pretty well -- I wouldn't expect much difference. An open cooler card might be a different story, but I guess that will be left up to users to figure out.

Reactions: Talyrius

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Critical statements are welcome. So give me as much input you can. :)

Maybe i will ask a friend to get a axial fan card but i don't think i can get a 1080 ti for this. Maybe Caseking can help me out XD.

Reactions: Talyrius

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Btw I know one of the bad thinks of the A4-SFX v1 and v2 was the pressure point of the power button.
The A4-SFX v3 pressure point is now state of the art and also the C4-SFX has this great power on feeling. The system will power on after 0.5mm press it in.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Curious to know why top mount radiator gives better temps when we all know heat rises and can potentially "heat soak" the radiator, thu reducing it's efficiency....

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Because there is not that much heat inside the case. Furthermore with radiator on bottom the case fans can't work @ 100 performance because the case feets must be 10mm higher to have enough free space to suck more air in or move air out.

Status
Not open for further replies.