DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
NCase M1 is about 13.5L. Tough to do smaller than that with explicit ODD support.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Today I had an idea how to integrate the I/O at the front. It is just an idea what do you think?

Xaliondor

What's an ITX?
Dec 14, 2017
@dondan Oh man Dan, I just signed up to the site, but have been looking at this thread for a while, I really like the front IO port idea because of how streamline it looks but I'd like to see a render with the Dan logo towards the top to see how it would look

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
New design looks really good, but it's... ordinary. I'd still pick the one on the right.

^^ This.
On balance, I prefer the angled panel side IO to the front or top IO options, but still prefer the original design with the spacer strip with the IO on it that breaks up the cuboid shape nicely.
Whichever way it goes, I'm convinced this is going to be a winner again for you Dan

Reactions: SethAluma

Fledder

Caliper Novice
Oct 21, 2017
I do not like the front IO, the side IO version has a more sleek design.

Add some RBG above the IO in the side version and you are done ;)

dagathon

Efficiency Noob
Sep 17, 2017
I like the design with the front I/O at the bottom vs. having it on the top. Though, I wonder what that'll do for cable management. With the radiator on the bottom, those cables need to be able to head directly up and out of the radiator area very close to the front of the case. That might influence how/where you mount the cabling for the I/O and power switch and could make that really tight. That being said...I like the external look a LOT.

Side-mounted, those cables are already in the upper section and can be easily run to the left side of the case, along the back and plug into the motherboard headers without too much difficulty or getting in the way of anything.

It's probably a simple enough thing to work through. Most of the I/O cables are easily bent and twisted into whatever shape you need. I'd mostly be worried about the USB3 header, which is generally really bulky and difficult to deal with vs. the rest of the cables.

doomsday

What's an ITX?
Dec 19, 2017
Check this out! It looks better than all previous designs (IMO)

this one is from amidax as well
Woah! That is the best-looking case I've ever seen! Much better than the options in the survey.
Elegant design, tempered glass, supports liquid cooling, man this thing has it all!
Also, the wood on the front adds some style to it.

Looking forward the KS campaign :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here is the result of the third poll:

In total, design A got 475 points, design B 653 points and design C 523 points. Only 15% of the survey participant gives the Design B 1 point. Design B is the average winner.

AIMiDaX a Hardforum Member, has another idea for a design that looks also very nice, but it could be difficult to manufacture it while keep the rotating feature. So currently I think about how I can make it fabricable.

A word about window kit: My plan is to offer two versions of the case. One version with a window kit and the second without. In reverse conclusion this means that every design I had shown in the last weeks will be window kit ready. So please don't make your decision based on renderings that shows a window kit, because it is not limited to one design.

Here are some pictures of the winner design:

Status
Not open for further replies.